Sign in to follow this  
Guest American 390

Frame rates with the 757

Did for me. removing the dsd_xml_tcas.dll pushed me right back up to what I should get 30+ FPS but suffered a slight drop on looking to the side. pardon the pun, but I'm flying. The Wing Flex is amazing. I'm in love.I got a weeks leave from tomorrow was gonna stain my decking. Guess not.Gerry

no need to delete, just rename and the trick is doneCyrille de LattreAsus P4P800/PIV 3 Ghz/2 Giga DDRAMATI X800 GT 256 MegWin XP SP2 / FS9.1 PSS Beta tester

I have a core 2 duo now and get some amazing frames with all the other addons I have(haven't installed the 777, waiting for the update), and get awesome performance. With the 757 the frames are all over the place, it goes from like 20 to 60 to 16 so I thought that that was a little odd. I'm no programmer, but usually when I've seen that in the past with other addons, the developers are usually quick to pinpoint what's causing the poor performance, so I'm hopeful PSS will fix it. BTW I've set the performance sliders full left as well as full right, and it makes no difference, just as I get the same performance whether in the middle of nowhere, or New York.Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Hi,I have not had any frame rate problems after doing as Chase said earlier in this thread about removing the VC. This is dead easy to do and my rates are way up now. I know its bad for you VC flyers, but in the meantime it allows the plane to be flyable. CheersKeith

Guest NormanB

>why are that tcas file even there? where does it come from ?Somebody said where it came from. Its not from PSS>i way can i delete it without a problem? Well it wont affect any PSS product.>it must have a purpos right? A freeware panel uses it to show traffic on the ND I believe.

Guest NormanB

Do what? Delete a file?!

Do not delete, rename the file, by right cliking on it an choose renameCyrille de LattreAsus P4P800/PIV 3 Ghz/2 Giga DDRAMATI X800 GT 256 MegWin XP SP2 / FS9.1 PSS Beta tester

hi,you can use a hex editor and do the following:"open the mdl file you want to edit and search for the following hex value: 00 22 00 39 00 . in the first two occurences of that string, simply change the 39 in 00 22 00 39 00 to 00. It should now look like this: 00 22 00 00 00. save the changes, OK the creation of the backup file then exit your hex editor to test it out in FS 2004."micha

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.