Sign in to follow this  

Typical !! .. CFS3 gets a patch, FS2002 gets Sweet F.A.

Guest xoio

Just thought I'd have a rant!Considering all the little moans people have had about Fs2002 problems since it's launch & especially since it has been around a bit longer than CFS3.Ggrrrr :-)

Guest xoio

P.S. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong & point me to a MS FS2002 patch if it exists...... One that fixes, ILS, sky/cloud rendition, AI plane vanishing etc, etc.... *LOL* ... I think we have two Hopes, & one of thems 'BOB'Laz

I guess many , including myself don't have a problem with fs2002. I am grateful in the dust of 9/11 that is was released, and find it a superior improvement from any other version of Fs that has ever been released.ILS? other than a few wrong data sources out of many thousands of worldwide airports (which can be corrected with a freeware program), I see nothing to have a problem with.Sky/cloud rendition-a significant improvement from past versions.Ai planes vanishing-there weren't any ai planes in the version before...Sounds to me like you are asking for the perfect sim-rather than a sim that has had significant improvements with each version. I see your list less as bugs and more as an evolution towards a non attainable yet perfect sim. By the way-the last version of fs did have a patch-how do you define "typical"?http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/Geofdog2.jpg

I'm not flaming you Laz, but have you flown CFS3? There is absolutely NO comparison between this piece of (insert favorite term) and FS2002. CFS3 was in desperate need of a patch, as it was almost unplayable for many in its original state. It's to Microsoft's credit that after all the weeping and wailing from the Combat FS community they patched it. On the other hand, Microsoft put out official word months and months ago that there would be no patches for FS2002. If you don't have CFS3, trust me... the problems it had were several orders of magnitude higher than any of the FS2002 annoyances. So go fly FS2002, and the next time you run into a bug that makes you nuts, just chant "come on FS200x, come on FS200x..."Cheers,

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Guest DaveKDEN

Thanks to Geofa and Bill for their voices of reason!!!!!One heck of a happy FS2002 user, verdict's still out on CFS-3 with patch 3.1.Dave

Guest xoio

*LOL*Guys, no need to get precious over FS2002 .... I actually love the sim & tolerate its little quirks too...I was just having a little 'dig' for a bit of fun over the irony of the support /or lack of support...from one product to the next.No need for 'anal' replies thankyou *grin*Laz

Guest DaveKDEN

I think the true point is;While many have compained since the begining about FS2002, the fact of the matter is most "bugs" were either NOT bugs at all, or have been addressed by simple 3d party "fixes." As such, many of us simply grow tired when we hear yet another rant about FS2002 and the need for a patch. Nothing personal ya know,DavePS; All software products can use a patch of some type, I think most of us honestly feel FS2002 is just about as good as one ca

CFS3 REQUIRED a patch. It is/was the biggest pice of "hmmm" I have ever seen.FS2002 isn't in dire need of a patch at all.CFS3 needed a patch just to be playable.Shane

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Guest imemyself

I haven't noticed any change w/ the CFS3 patch and there was only one problem I saw in the first place and that wasn't fixed(Chase view doesn't go to other a/c or vehicles).

What I dont understand Bill is, CFS3 is pants, real cruddy pants yet I believe it's up for an award...do the judges play with these things or are MS greasing palms ? It just does not make any sense to me.George