Sign in to follow this  
Guest Phoenix 1

PSS 757 GENERAL RELEASE

But the CDU fix WILL be in tonights installers?Thanks Norman,-PaulPrimary RigLiquid CooledAMD FX-57 @ 3 gigsAsus A8NSLI-Premium2 gigs Corsair XMS PC3500LL 2 3 2 6 1TXFX 7900 GTX 690/1750XFX 7800 GTX 515/135024 inch Widescreen LCDDual 19 inch LCD'sRaid-0+1PCPower and Cooling 1khttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7800 GTX 515/1350 Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest NormanB

>But the CDU fix WILL be in tonights installers?>Thanks Norman,>-PaulYes Paul.

Guest Greeney

>>But the CDU fix WILL be in tonights installers?>>Thanks Norman,>>-Paul>>Yes Paul.Any work being done to correct the FPS issue?

You guys rock as always Norman,Greeney,Have you tried adjusting your settings within the PSS setup tool? One thing that makes a HUGE difference is the CLIP ND to Compass Rose option. Uncheck that and see if that helps,-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Guest NormanB

>Any work being done to correct the FPS issue?Yes but that wont be until the new mdl builds which wont be for another 24hrs.

Hi Norman,My first post so please bear with me.I completed my download 30/08 and have flown a test with few complaints.On reading the forum I appear to be lucky.In view of the differing timescales affecting the changes being made can I suggest that at the top of the forum a pinned item be placed ,timed and dated, advising when the various new downloads are available.This works well in some other sections and would avoid any chance of incorrect rants being posted.Keep up the good work all at PSSRegardsNorman Bowman

Guest NormanB

Norman,I have just finished downloading all the files and will be studying the changes needed. The plan is to upload these again in the next few hours. Given the size of the upload I cant give a definite timescale except to say that my upload is max 30k/s

Guest Greeney

>Norman,>>I have just finished downloading all the files and will be>studying the changes needed. The plan is to upload these>again in the next few hours. Given the size of the upload I>cant give a definite timescale except to say that my upload is>max 30k/sIf you need any help uploading let me know, I have an uncaped upload speed.

>Norman,>>I have just finished downloading all the files and will be>studying the changes needed. The plan is to upload these>again in the next few hours. Given the size of the upload I>cant give a definite timescale except to say that my upload is>max 30k/sNote to all: Thought at first Norman was talking to himself :)!. Must need more coffee LOL.Jim Harnes

Guest NormanB

>If you need any help uploading let me know, I have an uncaped>upload speed.Thanks except I would need to get the files to you first :)

Guest Piper_Pilot

Any news on the 757? Just wondering. Can't wait to get the new bird. Thanks guys.Adam

Guest OMJD

Would it be possible for you to at least give a rough estimate on how long you expect it to take? I understand that you are busy, but I doubt you're all software developers, so there must be someone who could update the main website with more informative information. I've wasted my entire afternoon waiting for this. Sorry to sound inpatient, but I'm one who believes that customers should be kept well informed. Thank you.- Richard

1 post, no name and you wasted your whole afternoon, amazing! Did you bother to read ANY of the posts today which said that General release was going to be delayed due to issues found with the pre-release. Did you read ALL of the posts where they said they are working AS HARD AS POSSIBLE. PSS has been keeping people updated, I guess some just haven't been reading what is going on and then claim that they weren't informed. Sorry to sound RUDE but I believe in respect for developers as well, they are busting their hump right now and you sound like a spoiled little kid. You haven't even paid for anything yet so keep waiting patiently...-Paul <----Real name as per forum guidleines

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Guest OMJD

>1 post, no name and you wasted your whole afternoon, amazing!> Did you bother to read ANY of the posts today which said that>General release was going to be delayed due to issues found>with the pre-release. Did you read ALL of the posts where>they said they are working AS HARD AS POSSIBLE. PSS has been>keeping people updated, I guess some just haven't been reading>what is going on and then claim that they weren't informed. >Sorry to sound RUDE but I believe in respect for developers as>well, they are busting their hump right now and you sound like>a spoiled little kid. You haven't even paid for anything yet>so keep waiting patiently...>-Paul <----Real name as per forum guidleinesYes I have but using a third party website to inform customers isn't exactly the best method is it? Especially given that it's not exactly very user friendly, nor secure for that matter. (As it appears to allow users to use HTML in their posts)I understand that there are technical problems, I am not blaming them for that. All I am simply asking is for them to update the main website with more informative information. I work on the internet myself, running a web hosting business. If I were to give out information via a third party forum and not via more appropriate means, I'm sure we'd have a few comments!By the way, I was not meaning to be rude or disrespectful. I fully understand that they are working very hard to rectify the problems, all I simply asked for was for a non developer to update the main website to inform people of the issues and perhaps a rough estimate of when their product will be released. At least this way, they'd be keeping more people informed. (As I'm sure there are many people who do not use this forum, or know how to use this forum for that matter)- Richard

Guest NormanB

Richard,Firstly AVSIM provide support forums for quite a few add on developers (both freeware and commercial) thus allowing a single place for many simmers to visit.Sorry that you feel its insecure or whatever but the fact remains that on our website there is a link to support and it brought you here so it must have worked. Now that you are here, please take the time to read a system that allows us to quickly update information that is disseminated to many of our customers, both existing and speculative.You mention security - something dear to my heart. All of the PSS team *are* actively working to rectufy these issues. If they are not crunching numbers they are flying. Right now I am pushing files to the server hence I get a spare moment.You closing comment that people dont know how to use a forum - from our customer base I would be highly suprised if counting that figure would involve me using more than one hand.As such, we will continue to accept the gracious hospitaility afforded to us and other developers here at AVSI<.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.