Sign in to follow this  
Guest NormanB

PSS 757 Q&A and issues thread

Guest jeremy19446

No issues reported here.

- APU Run light does not flash twice during start.- APU EGT rise unrealistic during APU startup.- No duct pressure drop when packs turned on, etc- Trim Air Off light as well as Fltdk/Fwd/Aft Trim Air zone lights illuminate when pneumatics turned off.- No Level B Aural warnings when Left sys hydraulics lost. Works fine for Center and Right. R u guys trying to model in the PTU, because I do notice 1250 psi on the Left Hydraulics in this scenario. Should be higher.- The flaps did not extend without hydraulics, which I was happy about. But the Leading Edge/Trailing Edge lights on the center panel did not illuminate for the handle disagree- No EICAS messages for L&R Recirc Fans. The Emergency lights EICAS is programnmed. Just wodnering if these were missed. - I get Level B aurals on startup and shutdown. Unrealistic and annoying- During startup, N3 timing with relation to N2 unrealsitic. They do not turn almost simultaneously.Corey

Cool788.png
Corey Ford
QualityWings Simulations
Development Team

How about starting a corresponding PSS generated thread, listing what PSS regard as bugs to be fixed and as "nice to haves" which will not? Once people see a bug on the PSS "to be fixed" list they will stop reporting it. I'd like to know whether the aural warning issues will be addressed. They never were on the 777 and are very annoying.Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

Guest a1spa

Hi, First time in cockpit view the frames is great about 20 fps,but Ichange view to spot view and back to cockpit view the fps drop downto 8 fps,then I press F9 key to FSNavigator and back again the fpsback to 20 fps. jason.

Guest pavvyben

CDU started out fine, but as i was about to taxi (15mins loaded time) it became very sluggish near not responding. Allowed me to use it before landing though.Might just see if anyone gets the same probCheersBen

Guest Pete EHAM

Hello,I don't know if this has already been reported:In the "select plane" > "757-300 RR engines" there is a double JMC livery. One of them (the 1st one) must be Condor.This is after a 2nd install on sept 1st +/- 20:00 zulu.Pete EHAM

All the installer are being re wrote to allow more flexibility in downloading. Like this you will be abble to choose which livery you want and don't.Cyrille de LattreAsus P4P800/PIV 3 Ghz/2 Giga DDRAMATI X800 GT 256 MegWin XP SP2 / FS9.1 PSS Beta tester

Guest FedEx_4

>Please excuse my ignorance and/or me doing something wrong>but only my left elevator moves in spot view. All systems>running, loaded default flight then switched to PSS 757.>>Thanks>LuisI'm getting the same problem here and I know I have all systems running and functioning correctly. This happened after I installed the update. So just to clear things up there was no problem with this b/f the update.Kevin K.

Guest dt1951

CDU works after reinstalling with the update. But it has the following problems. First, on a flight frm KLGA to KATL, after the inital load of the flight plan, and after CDU align completion, the CDU showed distance to KATL as 304 miles. On aproaching MOL as the entry into the FLCON1 STAR, I was unable to access the arrival page for KATL. It still showed arrivals for KLGA, and the distance to KATL on the PROG page showed 188 miles. I had tomanually enter the waypoints for the FLCON1. After I did this the true distance to KATL was finally displayed on the PROG page (327 miles). And I was able to finally get to the ARR page for KATL, long after my flight was already into the STAR I entered manually. The TOD was calculated by the CDU to be 180 miles (from FL360) from KATL. Since this was east ops for KATL, the STAR called for 14000' at BYRDS. I would have started down 150 miles from BYRDS. Way too early for that descent profile.

Guest tooohip

Just purchased my copy and the CDU is certainly not too responsive at times. I'll click a button such as "PROG" and it takes a few moments for it to actually switch to that page.

Same issue as above and my right elevator still doesnt move with new update and all systems running.ThanksLuis

Luis Rios

>Just purchased my copy and the CDU is certainly not too>responsive at times. I'll click a button such as "PROG" and>it takes a few moments for it to actually switch to that>page....just to add that i've seen this also reported twice on another site: either sluggish or needing multiple clicks for it to react.Best RegardsThomas

Guest db76

I too have frame rates problems. I am getting around 5 to 8 fps continually, with default scenery loaded. Please help. Thanks.DavidDell Dimension XPS Gen 2P4 3.0GhzWindows XP Home Edition SP22GB DDR RAMATI Radeon x850XT 256MB120GB SATA HD200GB SATA HD

Guest db76

I also forgot to mention that I already adjusted the performance settings down to 4x refresh rate on the options menu, and turned the WX radar off.David

Hey,after last update proccess (T7 & 757) I noticed zero (0) problems.Both T7 and 757 :- pritty well C&D configuration ,- 29 fps (AMD64 3200, 2Gb dual, 7900 GT), just 2D panels ,- without problems with FMC ,- stability flying with AP and "hand-made".Big, hot thank you PSS. Great, outstanding job !Two little issues :- still I have to add +2 to calculated trim value during T/O procedure(on base CoG in T7) ,- we haven't got and payloader for 757, so CoG and in consequence trim value are the big one unknown.;-)))Sorry for my poor english, but I'm really enjoyed and do really appriaciated PSS's fantastic work. Thank you guys !Best regardsGwidon

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.