Sign in to follow this  
Guest NormanB

PSS 757 Q&A and issues thread

Guest Knikolaes

Aye. Well it was mentioned here in the forum previously only by me. It was odd, as until you confirmed it I thought maybe i had a faulty install as I believed I was the only one with that issue. I know there are quite a few VC fliers out there -- but not many who follow all the checklists, so something like an emergency light is indeed easy to go missed by the average armchair pilot that a real pilot would get reamed for (or even suspended) in real life for missing. :-)

Guest kdundon

Thanks Norman, I was just wondering. Ken

Guest Matt Price

A couple of very minor things which I've already mentioned elsewhere but wasn't sure it was the right place,are:1 The execute light on the VC FMC doesn't light up when inputting or amending a flight plan.2. The ND display in the VC also freezes occasionally when selecting a range change.3. The aft rear cargo door doesn't close gradually - one minute it's open, then it's shut.Otherwise, quite simply a superb addition to my hangar.Well Done!!!!!

Guest elyab

Hello!First af all, thanks for this lovely aircraft!A couple of questions:1. While fuel planning and entering flightplan to FMC I've noted EFOB at destination airport. During the first half of the flight this number significantly decreased, but the second half it returned to grow and almost recovered to previously calculated by FMC (I've used derated TO, VNAV-managed climb and was keeping flight altitude between optimal and maximum by regular 2,000-stepping). Is it normal EFOB calculation?2. I am VC-flyer and cockpit interior is important for me. Are those opening windows still optional for further updates?pss-prev-vs-4.jpgRegards,Eti

Guest Phoenix5

Hello,1. EFOB - This is calculated on the current fuel burn rate. So when planning the flight the FMC calculates what it estimates will be burnt. Then durring the flight the fuel usuage changes so the EFOB changes to reflect this. E.G. At the start of the flight the take off and climb use a lot of fuel, so the FMC sees that you are using xxx kg/hr and calculates on this figure. In the cruise and descent it reduces to yyy kg/hr and the FMC recalculates with this figure. This is why the EFOB constantly changes.2. The opening window can not be added in the FS9 version as we are at the absolute limit of the polly count. As to what happens with FSX, we will have to wait and see.

>1. EFOB - This is calculated on the current fuel burn rate. >So when planning the flight the FMC calculates what it>estimates will be burnt. Then durring the flight the fuel>usuage changes so the EFOB changes to reflect this. E.G. At>the start of the flight the take off and climb use a lot of>fuel, so the FMC sees that you are using xxx kg/hr and>calculates on this figure. In the cruise and descent it>reduces to yyy kg/hr and the FMC recalculates with this>figure. This is why the EFOB constantly changes.>If FMC EFOB really depended so much on current fuel flow it would never be accurate, except at touchdown. For example, at the INIT stage fuel flow is zero, but the FMC can still predict with reasonable accuracy what the EFOB will be from the planned profile. The FMC uses it's internal aerodynamic and engine data tables to predict drag and therefore fuel burn. It continues to do this during the flight. This will account for the changing fuel flow rates and provide a reasonable EFOB throughout the flight. I've not seen a real FMC show such wide EFOB variations as described during takeoff and climb. I'm not saying that current fuel flow might not enter into the algorithm at some stage, but it doesn't dominate it as you appear to imply.The real FMC is very sophisticated and to expect high fidelity in a PC sim is over optimistic. However if the PSS FMC model can predict fuel usage during the INIT phase, why is it so inaccurate en route?Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

Guest elyab

A "puenta" is that EFOB value continues to decrease a long time after leveling aircraft at cruise altitude. I was tracking weather but neither wind nor pressure or TAT didn't changed outside while EFOB on CDU still went down! First time it looked like fuel loss scenario.Somewhere near centerpoint of the route, when I seriousely considered about alternative airport, EFOB value stabilized and started to grow...Seems to be mathematical issue?Regards,Eti

>>Seems to be mathematical issue?>>EtiMore like a modelling issue. EFOB shouldn't change much unless the flight plan is changed, the weather changes or the cruise speed is altered.Maybe it is the weather model in MSFS as this can change suddenly causing all kinds of problems. If not, PSS have an FMC modelling problem.Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

Guest Rake7575

Brilliant aircraft/ranks right up at the top with PMDG/PIC. Just a couple minor nits at this point:1) LNAV turn rate is a bit too fast (doesn't model a 230,000lb aircraft with near fighter like LNAV turn--to include APP capture of the localizer)--is there anyway to "detune" turn rate?2) No side cockpit windows in 2D panel (I don't use VC at all)--so I added side cockpit windows myself. 3) More liveries when able4) Would be nice to save as default flight in FS9 without loosing the function bar (cdu/ped/set/overhd etc buttons)...can you?FMS is very good (most of the errors have been operator induced : )I get great frame rates (30+)in 2D panel with performance bars set at 9fps in the setup box...nearly 50-60fps looking out side cockpit windowsSuperb!Rake

Guest Swisser

Hi Guys,My download is dated 24/09/06, today, so here is my report!I 'am doing a testflight from the Maldives to Bangkok right now to give the Monsoon weather a go on the radar and off course general testing!Unlike some others here who are really experienced on the 757, I am not, so I have no clue how long the APU spools up N3 N2 N1 ratio's even not the proper climb rates are familiar to me.So I cannot give a proper review on that, but I trust the guys here on those issue's!Anyway, so far I did not encounter any serious issue's, i did full alignment of the IRS and all other toys this add-on has, even the weather radar is doing a good job right now.Besides all the previous issue's who are present on my setup as well and no need to report it again, here is something I did'nt see yet reported, or I missed it.*CDU pages load, when you press the init ref and several other pages, the CDU does not refresh, when you hit the numpad 5 key it refreshes though.Furthermore I wish to congratulate PSS on this add-on!everything about it is likeable!All good things have bugs and problems in the beginning, look at A380 for instance *huhum*Anyway, I will need to get used to my (real) A330's climb rate again tommorow on my flight from BAH to LHR...It is a rocket hey that 757!RGDS, Karel

I just bought the 757 and I just finished installing it, but I get this message that sais "update failed, one or more files failed to update correctly. This is due to a communication error of high bandwith demands." What should I do?thanks Steve

Guest NormanB

Steve,Re run the installer but choose the "rebuild configs" option. This should only take a few moments to complete.

Hi I have two questions. My first is when I turn my overhead light on in the cockpit the 2d panel lights up and the vc doesnt. Also when I look at the nose on the exterior model a light is present. Was the light placed too far forward? Is there any way to fix this? My second question is when I tried to execute an autoland with her she dove forward and gained speed very close to the runway. I dont know if it was because I was in a tailwind or it was the first time I tried an autoland with her and I missed something. Please help.

Guest JEH

Just bought the 752 today and had a very nice flight in the Saturday Scramble. However, since I have an older slower machine I swaped the VC version after the flight for the non-VC and commenced to prepare for another flight. Immediate relief on the FPS but... after configuring my setup the way I wanted it, went to power up and no going. So.. I reloaded the plane and got battery power for like 5 seconds before it went dead again. Tried seveal different approaches but always the same problem. It would appear this is a non-VC prob. because I didn't have it earlier in the day with the VC version. Just so I'm clear: Tried connection external power and got confirmation in the setup... but no power.Tried starting the APU but no power.So.... anybody have this problem or know of explanations?Thanks.John

Guest NormanB

>So.. I reloaded the>plane and got battery power for like 5 seconds before Did you start from the default flight and change to the 757?

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.