Sign in to follow this  
corny357

Problems

I'm just going to list a few things that are highly unrealistic.The brakes cannot hold the plane a full thrust, not even a little bit.When the FMS calculates takeoff thrust, it is supposed to give you the highest maximum thrust allowed by the EEC until you de-rate it. The highest I've gotten with any and almost all temperatures is 1.42 EPR which is like 93 something N1. You cannot even make it go higher unless you take it over manually from the EEC.The startup is just off. The timing is wrong, it just doesn't feel right. The autobrakes stay on after landing until you manually turn the switch to disarm or off. They should disarm after you either tap the brakes manually, or take the plane out of reverse thrust.This is unfortunate. I really thought you guys at PSS would pick yourselves up from the 777. Guess not. There's also one more thing that I have a personal problem with...actually two. From the VC, there is no Shift + key to bring up the VC, you have to go back to the 2D panel. And, the last thing, no callouts.Brandon.

Guest danielbk

edited to remove the comment, decided it is not the time for it. thanks for making the 757, i'm sure problems will iron out later on int he process.

Whatever, what I don't understand is why these problems happen. I understand, bugs are inevitable, however, things like the autobrake problem and the thrust issues with the FMC...that I don't understand. That should have been caught in beta. And remember, the callouts were the least of my issues with this plane.Brandon.

Guest bigun

:-spacecraft "sigh"

Guest NormanB

>however, things>like the autobrake problem and the thrust issues with the>FMC...that I don't understand. What about when the wrong file is incorporated? The beta team had a lot of very dedicated and enthusiastic testers - they cant be held responsible for somebody packing a wrong file.>And remember, the callouts were the least of my issues with this plane.Callouts are the job of the pilot not flying. We dont fit one of those in our aircraft.

Guest NormanB

>The startup is just off. The timing is wrong, it just doesn't>feel right. You are rated in type then?>The autobrakes stay on after landing until you manually turn>the switch to disarm or off. They should disarm after you>either tap the brakes manually, or take the plane out of>reverse thrust.We use the default MSFS autobrake functions.> From the VC, there is no Shift + key to bring up the VC, you>have to go back to the 2D panel. As you do with any other plane the last I looked. Standard FS key of S to cycle through the various views.>And, the last thing, no callouts.The real plane doesnt have callouts either.

Guest bigun

OK, here goes. Norman,Please don't let fools like the one who started this thread get ya'll down.As you know better than most, everytime ANY developer releases a new package, you always get a couple of "self proclaimed' experts posting about how horrible the package is and how incompetent the beta testers are for missing the glaring errors.The fact is that the majority of the folks who buy these packages understand that "stuff happens" and try to post contstructive comments to help the development team and the testers get it as good as they can.Keep up the good work guys.

Excuse me, George, but you obviously have trouble reading. Maybe that Hooked on Phonics program I see on TV is good for you? I did not claim to be an expert, nor did I say the package was horrible. I was pointing out problems that I had with it.Norman, I have logged about 4 hours in a Class D 757 sim at United's training center in Denver, and that's what I'm basing that off of. Also, what about my question/problem with regards to the engine thrust ratings? Brandon.

Guest NormanB

Brandon,Play nice please. Lets keep to facts not mudslinging at other forum members. Not knowing the advert you mention I can only assume it is derogatory.4 hours whilst commendable isnt close to a type rating. The 757 type rated pilots seemed pretty happy about startups. From my persepective standing next to the engines as they start on a daily basis, the timing seems fine to me.Thrust ratings - above my pay grade. Steven or Iain may wish to comment.

Guest bigun

Well Brandon, this comment:"This is unfortunate. I really thought you guys at PSS would pick yourselves up from the 777. Guess not.", makes your entire post not worth taking seriously IMHO.I pre-ordered the 777 and have enjoyed it as I'm sure many others have. Does it need another patch? Yup, in fact hopefully we'll have it today. Will it be perfect after the patch? Nope. Don't expect it to be. I guess guess I'm a little thin skinned when some folks always seem to enjoy taking pot shots at developers and beta testers within 24 hrs of a package being released. PSS, just like ALL other developers do indeed make errors but over the years PSS has been as good as anybody about at least trying to correct all valid problems.In addition, I don't believe it is EVER proper to start digging at beta testers. They usually spend massive hrs of very boring time trying to identify and squash all the bugs they can. And for what? A free copy of the software when released? Believe me, if they didn't truly want to help, they would be a #### of a lot better of just buying their copy.

Guest NormanB

>In addition, I don't believe it is EVER proper to start>digging at beta testers. Very well said George.Brandon, you want to take potshots at the testers then tread carefully. My email as always is below should you feel some desire to rant. Dont be expecting a quick response though since I have more pressing matters.

once the FPS problem is fixed, what Thread will we be notified on? Also do you think it will be fixed by tonight?

Guest NormanB

FPS? Not a hope. The models are being reworked , especially in regards to textures and providing non VC variants and this takes time. Whilst we hope to do this within 24hours please understand that everybody is going as fast as possible.

>I'm just going to list a few things that are highly>unrealistic.>>The brakes cannot hold the plane a full thrust, not even a>little bit.I fly on an aircraft that is well known if you do this to skid on the tires, specialy when light and wet runway. And on short runway it is a pain is the bud believe me. No post combustion on this bird (just a precision) Also when we do engine runup, for calibration we tie down the aircraft with chains and chokes.>>When the FMS calculates takeoff thrust, it is supposed to give>you the highest maximum thrust allowed by the EEC until you>de-rate it. The highest I've gotten with any and almost all>temperatures is 1.42 EPR which is like 93 something N1. You>cannot even make it go higher unless you take it over manually>from the EEC.Have you looked at the N2??? How do you calculate 93%N1 from 1.42 EPR. Please explain to me. Cause EPR N1 and N2 are different stories>>The startup is just off. The timing is wrong, it just doesn't>feel right.If you say so, i understand critics, but only constructiv critics... >>The autobrakes stay on after landing until you manually turn>the switch to disarm or off. They should disarm after you>either tap the brakes manually, or take the plane out of>reverse thrust.For your info this is known and reported since the A3xx programm for which I was already testing for PSS.>>This is unfortunate. I really thought you guys at PSS would>pick yourselves up from the 777. Guess not. There's also one>more thing that I have a personal problem with...actually two.> From the VC, there is no Shift + key to bring up the VC, you>have to go back to the 2D panel. And, the last thing, no>callouts.>>Brandon.Could you please be more explicit on the SHIFT + key for the VC, I am not really following you.If you are saying that in VC you can't call the 2D CDU window, then I suggest you try SHIFT + 4 and it should work, as it is working for me. By the way for the 777 it is SHIFT + 5. One lessCyrille de LattreAsus P4P800/PIV 3 Ghz/2 Giga DDRAMATI X800 GT 256 MegWin XP SP2 / FS9.1 PSS Beta tester

No, I'm saying the overhead pop up from the VC - there isn't one. Also, you asked how I calculate N1 from EPR. I didn't, I looked at the EICAS. It says em both. When it says 1.42 EPR, I show about 93 on the N1 - and yes, the engines were stable. And lastly, when a 757 departs SNA, they hold the brakes, put it up to full thrust, and let 'er rip. Same at Princess Juliana Aiport. When I hold the brakes with full thrust on this 757, I can easily get the plane going about 50 knots.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.