Sign in to follow this  
corny357

Problems

Guest NormanB

Brandon,Why on earth would there be a popup of the overhead in the VC? You look up - the overhead is there. I cant for the life of me think why you would want a 2D popup in a VC environment.

After you move in the VC, I find it rather difficult to get yourself centered correctly again without pressing space, which resets the whole view and the default view from the VC makes it look like you're in a booster seat. Plus, all other developers have that, so it's what I'm used to.

>When the FMS calculates takeoff thrust, it is supposed to give>you the highest maximum thrust allowed by the EEC until you>de-rate it. The highest I've gotten with any and almost all>temperatures is 1.42 EPR which is like 93 something N1. I still don't have the product (didn't make a preorder), but looking at EPR figures you give, I understand that you are referering to PW engines. EPR limits (amber bug) commanded by EEC do not exceed take off thrust settings up to 15,000 ft and max continuous thereafter, so looking at the table shown in tech-part2, page 23, you should find the proper values (indeed 1.42 would be ok for SL to 1000 ft, for "normal" temperatures).>You>cannot even make it go higher unless you take it over manually>from the EEC.EEC is automatic and cannot be controlled by the pilots in PW engines. There are no switches on the overhead for EEC and ENG LIM, unlike for RR engines where both switches exists on the OVH and enable the pilots to override engine supervisory and limits controlsTom

Tell you what:Fly it by EPR and not N1, you will save the engines.EPR is engine Presuure Ratio, and if you set up a flight and do not use any derated take off or calculate flex, EPR max will be 1.71 to 1.72, and your N1 will be 97%If really you want to modify the brake effeciency, go in the aircraft config file, and look for:[brakes]toe_brakes_scale=0.78parking_brake=1Modify 0.78 in 1, save and you are done.This is a tip, do it at your own risk, PSS will not be held responsible if you arm your file or screww up your config.It is a tip I give you and will not be endorsed nor supported by the PSS Support.As for the over head panel in VC I use the Coliat of my joystick to navigate my eyes in the cokpit VC, then if I need to come back quickly to the runway, (sight speeking), I press space bar.Cyrille de LattreAsus P4P800/PIV 3 Ghz/2 Giga DDRAMATI X800 GT 256 MegWin XP SP2 / FS9.1 PSS Beta tester

>Tell you what:>>Fly it by EPR and not N1, you will save the engines.>EPR is engine Presuure Ratio, and if you set up a flight and>do not use any derated take off or calculate flex, EPR max>will be 1.71 to 1.72, and your N1 will be 97%Thank you. I tried that, and did not de-rate the takeoff or anything. In fact, I pretty much can't de-rate the takeoff. As I said, the highest EPR I can get out of it (even with no temperature set in the FMS t/o page) is about 1.42. As for the brakes, I'm not going to go messing with the cfg files.Thanks.

Guest NormanB

Dont forget to sign your posts with your name please Brandon....

Guys,EPR (SAT) max TakeOff thrust settings 1.71-1.72 for RR engines1.41-1.43 for PW enginesThey are different stuff...Tom

correct and I forgot to ask him which engine version He was talking about.Thanks.Cyrille de LattreAsus P4P800/PIV 3 Ghz/2 Giga DDRAMATI X800 GT 256 MegWin XP SP2 / FS9.1 PSS Beta tester

>Have you looked at the N2??? How do you calculate 93%N1 from>1.42 EPR. Please explain to me. Cause EPR N1 and N2 are>different storiesHe probably got it from the N1 indicators on the EICAS.

>>And lastly, when a 757 departs SNA, they hold the brakes, put it >>up to full thrust, and let 'er rip.Although from an outside viewer it seems that full thrust is applied with the a/c braked, in fact is far from that. What happens in the take off roll is a sequence like this:-Set thrust to 50 % N1 ( EPR +- 1.1 PW and 1.2 RR). PNF call "engine stabilized" when it happens. Brakes are released if they were on (normally they are released before).-PF calls "select EPR" and PNF pushes EPR switch on MCP. Authrottle becomes active and advance TLevers towards TO thrust setting.-PNF calls "Thrust set" when TO thrust is reached, normally before 80 knots for light aircrafts and near that for heavy loaded. ...and so on.In summary, full (or selected derated) thrust is achieved well in advance of TO roll.Tom

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.