Sign in to follow this  
Guest master_warning

Removing/renaming tcas.ddl

Guest master_warning

It does nothing. Removing or renaming the dsd_xml_tcas.dll and dsd_xml_tcas.ini files does nothing regarding the terrible fps for me. I was sitting at the runway of a default airport in the middle of north dakota and in the 2d panel and my fps were 3.4!!! That's ridiculous! P4 2.4Ghz 256MB ATI X800XT 1GB RAM.Esteban Aldarondo-

Guest Phoenix5

Esteban,This file is not one of ours. Other customers and members of our beta team had reported that removing this file had made vast imporvements for them in the B777. If it does not work you I am sorry but it was only a suggestion to try and help improve your frame rates.As reported elsewhere developers and testers are currently looking at this.

Esteban,As Norman said it is an indication.But installing those files are pretty big on hard drive, what about defrag? It certainly won't be THE solution, but waiting it can't hurt to defrag. I have personnaly defraged my hard drive 4 time this afternoon, installing and desinstalling and reinstalling those files. I use Diskeeper, and once it is set up it is "shoot and forget" running process.Cyrille de LattreAsus P4P800/PIV 3 Ghz/2 Giga DDRAMATI X800 GT 256 MegWin XP SP2 / FS9.1 PSS Beta tester

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.