Sign in to follow this  

Sound Problem and FS2002 Pro.

Hello, I had to reformat my hard drive and re-install WindowsXP. Everything is working ok except for the sound in FS2002.Every time I retract the landing gear or change flap settings etc I get distorted sound until the actions are completed. The sound is fine while just flying but as soon as I activate something I get this garbled sound.The only thing I installed differently this time was Directx 9.0. Previous version was 8.0.Any help would be greatly appreciated.---Jerry---Intel P4 - 2 Gig - 512 CacheWindows XP HomeIntel 850MV W/LanRambus 512 MB - 800MHZDirectx 9.0Seagate 40 Gig - 7200Sony 52X CD RomSB Audigy

I can't help with this, all I can say is that I tried upgrading to XP from win98SE. Well, long story short, I went back to Win98SE because of the distorted sound.Tony in Miami

Since you reformatted your hardrive, reinstalled your OS, did you also update your OS to the latest service packs; drivers for your controller chips, sound, graphics adapters, NICs, modems, etc.If not, then you probably need to accomplish these tasks. For the sound problems, press start, run, type dxdiag, let it stabilize, select the sound tab, test sound, also try lowering the sound acceleration to see if it improves the sound problem. You can also try lowering the sound quality within fs2002.

Mr. Wsieffert,Thanks for the reply and the suggestion.Finally got around to installing Sound Blaster Audigy Service Pack for Win XP. Seems to have done the trick.Again thank you so much for your help.---Jerry---

Jerry:I have the same problem like you with my MSFS 2002. I have a SB Audigy 2 Platinum, Win XP Pro, DirectX 9.0. My problem is only when I fly the default Boeing 737-400 but with the enhanced sounds from Disc 3 of MSFS 2000. The distorted sound are only when I retract or down the gear or the flaps.Did you already solve your problem? How did you solve it?Thank you.eacevedoIntel P4 -1.8 GHz; 512 RAM; HDD 80 Ghz; Nvidia GeForce4 Ti4400