Sign in to follow this  
Guest United

Out Of Memory Crash then perfect save!

Well, bound to happen sooner or later. Was flying the PSS 757-200 into KIAH last night from KSAN and 17 nm from the runway had one of those dreaded "out of memory" FS9 crashes. I have been researching the relationship between airport names in AFCAD files vs. their counterparts in AIRAC files and that may be what caused the crash, at any rate, I am not blaming the PSS757 directly. Indeed the navdata used for PSS aircraft has a significantly differing name than the AFCAD name for KIAH. At any rate, the really good news is that I was using RadarCOntact 4, and it perfectly restored the flight at the point of the crash AND my PSS757 restored perfectly in all aspects including the CDU. Kudos to PSS for that.Randy Jura, KPDX

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Randy,Glad to hear that the flight was restored. As for the out of memory - I ran this bird constantly for a few days and never saw this error. I would tend to agree that it sounds like a dodgy afcad.

Afcad or even landscape with empty texture folder.Cyrille de LattreAsus P4P800/PIV 3 Ghz/2 Giga DDRAMATI X800 GT 256 MegWin XP SP2 / FS9.1 PSS Beta tester