Sign in to follow this  
Guest United

Cold and Dark Not Working

Guest United

Since the interim install, which fixed the CDU nicely, the Cold and Dark Options on the setup screen does not work for me. I start with the default FS9 Cessna and the PSS757 is taking it's cues from whatever state you allow the Cessna to be in as if none of the setup choices are functional. On Cold and Dark, none of the switches on the overhead are turned off. Is anyone else noticing this or have I messed something up. I may do a reinstall.Randy Jura, KPDX

Hi Randy...Not an issue on my system. I did the same as you... my first flight started with the C172. Since then, I've started-up straight into the 757 with a C&D cockpit.Not just w/ PSS, but many of the complex add-ons are a little finicky with the sequence. But once it's there, it seems fine. That's the non-techie guy's view...

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog
  • Software: P3D ► MSFS ► XP11 ► DCS World

Guest United

Hmmm.....reinstall did not work, none of the start up options work for me as yet. Im still trying various FS9 manipulations and I'll be sure to check my PSS777, it always had the startup options working properly. This is a head scratcher indeed!Randy Jura, KPDX

Guest United

This is hard to explain, but what I discovered was that initiating the default cessna through a saved FS9 flight disables my PSS757's Startup Options. I have to set up my flight, where I want to start, load a flight plan, ect, then press "Fly Now" first, let the cessna load, change to the PSS757, then all is well. Weird.Randy Jura, KPDX

Guest Knikolaes

Try these steps:1. Install the 7572. Start the sim (with default settings of course - the Cessna should be showing)3. Select the 7574. Load the flight5. Open the setup panel6. Select cold/dark situation and options you desire (IRS time, etc.)7. Clsoe the sim8. Repeast steps 1 - 4 and you should have a cold/dark 757The 757 will NOT load cold/dark upon selection in the gauge. You have to reboot the sim, and then the 757 is perma-cold/dark every time until you change the settings again. Should you ever decide t change the settings again, rinse/repeat just as above, making sure you follow your selections with a reboot of the sim. :-)Hope this helps. The procedure is the same for the T7 as well.<> Noted above that others seem to have to load their cessnas with the "Fly Now" option THEN load their PSS birds. You may want to check what your default flight is, because I have never had a problem loading a fully functional PSS bird - col/dark or running - right from the create-a-flight menu. I have never changed mydefault aircraft or location, though, so that may be part of it.

Guest AirForcePilot

You don't have to reboot the sim, just go back to the aircraft select menu and select the 757 again.

Guest United

Thanks for the suggestions guys, but as you noticed, I always change the location to where I am currently parked, so it's not on the active runway at Seattle, but, it's a a minor issue anyways.Randy Jura, KPDX

It could be that you have to give it a little more time...Doesn't matter where you start you flight ;-)Start default cessna don't turn of anything then choose the 757 and after loading and some 20 sec I've got C& D works every time :-)Andr

André

Guest United

No, I agree, it doesn't matter where you start, my hangup, it appears, is that I would create the flight from the FS9 create-a-flight screen, save it, then load the saved flight from "Saved flights". Actually, I dont even know how I started to do that, but up till now it's not an issue. Now, my PSS757's startup options are made unfunctional if I load the flight from the "saved Flights" screen. (goodness, that is hard to describe!) Randy Jura, KPDX

We are aware that some of us are experiencing probs with this. And I am one of those since early testing of 777. Alex has been looking into this and I still hope he will find a solution.From what I know another tester, also french with french XP is suffering the same prob.Normaly, and this is for those for whom it works, you should have a file created in C/my documents/flight simulator files, creeted by the panel set up, and in accordance with the ini file in the pss directory and in that directory under 757.For pepole like me having a french XP, this file is not c/.../flight simulator files, but in c/.../fichiers flight simultor.You may want to have a look at this.Also and that is a personal request, if one of could send me this fil, I would appreciate to have a look at it.ThanksCyrille de LattreAsus P4P800/PIV 3 Ghz/2 Giga DDRAMATI X800 GT 256 MegWin XP SP2 / FS9.1 PSS Beta tester

Guest Knikolaes

>No, I agree, it doesn't matter where you start, my hangup, it>appears, is that I would create the flight from the FS9>create-a-flight screen, save it, then load the saved flight>from "Saved flights". Actually, I dont even know how I started>to do that, but up till now it's not an issue. Now, my>PSS757's startup options are made unfunctional if I load the>flight from the "saved Flights" screen. (goodness, that is>hard to describe!)> >Randy Jura, KPDXAAAAAAH! okay, THAT's an entirely different situation altogether. I know many add-on products that are advanced simulation do have issues when trying to load them this way. For example - some of my Ariane NG aircraft and PMDG aircraft cannot be loaded this way because their systems are so independent of FS, so loading them in saved flights screws with them. It would not surprise me of PSS aircraft are under the same conditions. Better to just save your flight plan in the CDU, and start the flight from wherever you want to take off from via the create-a-flight menu :-)

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.