Sign in to follow this  
Guest _Christopher_

KEGE -- the "relaxing approach"

Guest Knikolaes

I have to say, PSS team, this plane is superb. I had a few issues before the interim update, but after that update I immediately did a flight into KEGE and it was bloody beautiful! I had always wondered what it was like to take a good 757 into that airport in the sim.PSS 757 + FS Genesis 32m + UT USA + Active Camera + Activesky v6 + kege.zip (freeware from AVSIM) make for a VERY sweet approach experience for this bird. No autoland, no possible way to autopilot her in. This is all hand-flying territory **smiles** It felt good to make the landing the first time on RWY 7 :-)Thank you, PSSOH! And the chipmunk I buzzed on the mountainside on approach says to tell you guys "Hello" . . . . or was it a squirrel . . . I can never tell at 135 knots . . .

Yes, I like a lot how it flies, the feeling in turns, how it lands by hand, the AP reactions,...even new radar altitudes callouts (2500, 100). Only the fps issue concerns to me (hopefully will be solved with the new installer with no VC option).Thanks PSS.Miquel Egea.

Guest Knikolaes

I fried my graphics card, so i am using one of the spares i had sitting around the house. it's a POS, so here is what i did:I adjusted (as per suggestion in another forum) the gauge refresh rates all to 6 (default is 18) and it cured it mostly for me. try this as a workaround until PSS has a look at the issue :-)After doing this I was able to fly out of Imaginesim KDEN with MegaCity Denver into nearby KEGE on a ski charter with little to no issues.Hope that helps.

Thanks Christopher, did it the first day (it also happened with the 777, when it was released).The 757 compared to the T7, is very hard on fps, so it seems related to the VC. Oh forgot to mention the sound...fantastic, too.Regards.Miquel Egea.

Guest Knikolaes

Aye, I have noticed this as well. Just never really mentioned it because the PSS team already mentioned they were looking into it :-)yes that sound package with this product stunned me. I have done lots of photography of the 757's at KEGE and the sounds brought back great memories.Speaking of airports and flying . . . I better get on off to bed as I have my next flight lesson in a few hours' time for flight school :-) have a great morning, all :-)

Guest Greeney

I flew into EGE last night aswell,great and realistic approach. To bad the FMC doesnt recognize the LDA DME-C. Anyway, but in all of the years I have been flying into EGE (RW) I have never, seen a 757 approach rway 7. Most jets (and basically all the traffic) eaither come into rway 25 or just go home.Jordan.

Guest pavvyben

I also had a fantastic flight in with the interim update. I was dreading it as id had problems before, the cdu was a bit slow sometimes but it flew really nicely, vnav works perfectly and it holds the ILS very well. I was very suprised on how well it flew. Definatley going to be flying this quite along. Now just for the T7 patch and complete ;).Well Done PSS :)CheersBen

Guest Knikolaes

>I flew into EGE last night aswell,great and realistic>approach. To bad the FMC doesnt recognize the LDA DME-C.>Anyway, but in all of the years I have been flying into EGE>(RW) I have never, seen a 757 approach rway 7. Most jets (and>basically all the traffic) eaither come into rway 25 or just>go home.>>Jordan.Aye approaches on 7 are VERY rare for 757's, but I have seen it twice :-) I was VERY lucky to do so, because i live down here in Pueblo and thus have only been to Eagle a few times for the sheer purpose of photography :-)

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.