Sign in to follow this  
gavr

757 Fuel Burn

Very good job on the Model and Panel. Thank you PSS, I'm one very happy customer. I had poor frames to start but after deleteing dsd_xml_tcas.dll, my frames when through the roof!!I'm just nearing the end of the following flightKADW OTT GRACO AGARD BROSS OOD DAVYS BRAND RBV JOANI CREEL SHLEP RIFLE CUTOX CUJKE ACK WHALE BANCS URTAK 4650N 4940N 5130N 5320N MALOT BURAK SHA ABAGU DIMUS SLANY STU DIKAS NOSDA BASET KENET CPT NORRY LINDY BIG DVR KONAN KOK FERDI RAVMA REMBA SPI PELIX MATUG AMASI BOMBI HAREM DKB XERUM BURAM WLD MUN LAKOL ROTIN CHIEM UNKEN OBEDI ELKAT KFT KLAGY ARLON VALLU PODET ZAG LIPNA GUBOK DER VAL GONAR LATSA OKANA BANSO RODOP IDILO BELGI KONEN KUDAK TUMER RESLI LEMDA RESNI VESAR ALSUS BALMA KAD OLBAA/C = B757-200 PW USAF ZFW = 64.4tons Fuel at Start 100%CI = 40 Flight Level = 380ASv6 enroute WX I'm now 200 miles out from OLBA and I have a predicted remaining fuel of 16.4 at OLBA. Is this possible to fly 5080 miles and have this amount of fuel remaining.Gavinok landed and after 10h26m in the air I have 17tons left.

So you've flown 5080mls and have 17t fuel remaining??Err no, it's not possible.

I'll say it seems way off also -I just finished a short 900nm flight at 183k ZFW (P&W 752), nothing special on the winds - block fuel was only 10,000lbs. Thats less than either the classic or NG 737 models at similar block distances by almost a third (and the 757 has 50,000 to 70,000 more in weight). FSBuild estimated Block fuel at almost 18,500lbs.Joe LorencEDIT - Just noticed another post saying the fuel was dead on on a flight with the RR variant. Looking at the aircraft cfgs I notice the fuel flow scalar is 0.5 in the P&W model, 1.0 in the RR. Honestly not sure if that is relevant.

Joe Lorenc

The FF scalar in the PW version would be better set to 0.99 based on a couple tests I just did. 0.5 is obviously an error.CheersBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Hi Bob,Thanks for confirming. I am currently on another flight with it set to 1.00, seems better.Joe Lorenc

Joe Lorenc

A 757-200 has a maximum range of 3800+ miles with full load and fuel. So 5080 miles seem way off. You did say however it was a USAF variant. Maybe it has an extra or larger tank, since it's not a normal passenger version? Just speculating!Edit: Looks like that is exactly the case. According to the specs on the USAF C-32A (B757-200) on the site below, it has a range of 5500 miles. That would account for the extra fuel on your flight. Interesting that this variation was modelled! It would be interesting to see if you can make this flight with a regular airliner?http://www.gruntsmilitary.com/c32.shtml

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Its nothing but a fuel burn issue.The Air Force variant uses the same cfg and air file as the other PW 200 variants and has the same fuel limitation of approx 75,500lbs.As mentioned above seems to be fuel_flow_scalar issue.Joe Lorenc

Joe Lorenc

>Its nothing but a fuel burn issue.>>The Air Force variant uses the same cfg and air file as the>other PW 200 variants and has the same fuel limitation of>approx 75,500lbs.>>As mentioned above seems to be fuel_flow_scalar issue.>>Joe LorencWell in that case! Once you, or PSS gets that squared away, you may want to separate the C-32A to it's own folder and update the the fuel capacity to 92,000lbs. As that would be accurate for that variant!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

When I get a new add-on aircraft I always take it an extended range flight to test the .air files for accuracy with reference to fuel burn. Given the fact I'd reduced the Payload to give me ZFW of 64.4tons. I had a rough idea of when and where I'd divert to, I was gob-smacked to have arrive with 17 tons.I've now re-installed the 757 since the general release and noticed the fuel flow scalar has been amended to 1.0 therefore I don't think I'd have made it passed Zagreb.The C-32A is only a repaint and not specifically modelled. I guess you could add extra tanks to create a C-32A.-GavinEDIT - P.S. I'm just doing a another fuel test but with a heavier ZFW of 83.2 the fuel burn and range according to Herve Sors AFSD programme is bang on what I'd expect. --------- Excellent Job PSS your best project to date well worth waiting for. -------------------------------Thank you -----------------

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.