Sign in to follow this  
Guest ewrworker

757 Taxi

Guest ewrworker

HiOn my first flight with the 757, I noticed something minor that might be my fault with my setting or is this something that is correct to the aircraft. When taxiing out to the runway I noticed that the aircraft pulled to the left. I had to keep having to steer her to the right to keep her lined up on the taxiway. Or does this have to with the taxi speed? I usually keep it at 15GS. I noticed lower then 5GS it was okay. At 20GS it got worse. My joystick is calibrated. But all the systems worked great and flew just great.Thanks for another great product. If possible, if there is any fixes could a pushback be added to the groundcrew area.Thank youEWRWORKER.

Guest LongbowPilot

I have the same problems, but can control it in my LDS767. I imagine there is a TORQUE factor with jet aircraft as there is with the prop maybe?AS for the pushback. SHIFT-P works with 1 for tail right 2 for tail left. Why you need a 'Button'

I have the same issue... however I noticed it's related to the windspeed on the ground.Winds of any appreciable speed will affect your aircraft even on the ground. Especially if they are crosswinds (i.e. moving against the side of your direction of travel). Remember you have a rather large profile :) especially that tail! :)Next time take note of the wind speed and direction. You can see a readout of the wind speed and direction (as well as other useful information) by cycling the Coordinates/FrameRate key (default is shift+z). I think it's the third cycle that shows the windspeed/direction.Not much anyone can do about that but keep the groundspeed down. The faster you go the more pronounced the effect as more air passes over and against your aircraft.Happy Flying!

Howard H.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world"

-Mahatma Gandhi

On the pedestal, take a look at the rudder trim setting. On mine, it starts up with rudder trim a notch or two left of center, and when I center the trim, the tendency to pull left during taxi goes away.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.