Sign in to follow this  
Guest LAX5x5

New Folder In Main FS9 after T7 Patch

Guest LAX5x5

Hello PSS Team,I was just curious about a new folder that was created after I ran the 777v2patch this afternoon. The folder is named PSSB77704 and it is in my main FS9 folder. I know that I have a folder by the same name in my FS9/Aircraft folder which contains the T7's panel, sound, and a texture folder that have what looks like the T7's common textures. This new folder in the main FS9 folder just contains a sub-folder labled panel, and inside is a panel.cfg. Was this new panel.cfg suppose to replace my old panel.cfg in my FS9/Aircraft/PSSB77704/panel folder? I did briefly compare the two .cfg's and noticed some differences in a couple of the view entries. Should I copy this new .cfg to FS9/Aircraft/PSSB77704/panel overwriting the old one or not? Thanks-Ely

I have the same folder.I would like to knowe about this, as well.Gerry

Guest NormanB

I would imagine (not yet having looked at the latest source) that this is an error.If you dont have the 777 you can safely delete this folder.

Norman,I have the T7 and by the look of the original poster he has as wellGerry

I think it should be copied into the "old" PSSB77704 folder, because it seems the new panel.cfg file (dated 31-7).The old panel.cfg is dated 08/04, in my files...I have overwritten the file , and everything is OK (like before...)Regards.Miquel Egea.

I am sure that is correct.It looks as though the installer is putting it into FS9 root instead of the aircraft folder. John Rooum

Guest bigun

Norman,Can you please verify that we indeed need to move this panel.cfg into the *Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9AircraftPSSB77704panel folder.Thanks

to my knowledge, yes.Cyrille de LattreAsus P4P800/PIV 3 Ghz/2 Giga DDRAMATI X800 GT 256 MegWin XP SP2 / FS9.1 PSS Beta tester

It messed mine up after moving it.Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Guest aaflyboy27

I moved it and every thing seems just fine.

Folks,This also happened with a previous 777 update - the installer puts PSSB77704 into the root folder instead of the aircraft folder. I have just installed this latest patch on my 777 with no problem:1. Rename the panel.cfg in your aircraft/PSSB77704 to, say, panel.ori [just to be safe].2. Copy the panel.cfg from the root/PSSB77704 folder into the aircraft/PSSB77704 folder.3. Go and fly.4. Later on clean up.Good Luck and let us know if this does not work.John Rooum

Guest rnj slinger

i have the same problemRickPent 4 3.0 1024 ht/offasus p4c800hd 200gb 4 partitionsmaxtor 7200 rpmati 9800pro 256 cat 5.1221"IIyama crt19" relisys crtwin xp sp2 CH yoke + pedals+ 1dell 1hp laptop for asv ivae etc

Guest BAW843

Hi,I have the same problem, should I move it to the AircraftPSS-B772LR and over right the origninal files ?could someone from PSS confirm this please?thanksPHIL

I have the PSS-B772LR folder and the panel.cfg (October 2005) is aliased to the PSSB77704 panel.cfg (March 2006). It seems to be working fine.

\Robert Hamlich/

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.