Sign in to follow this  
Guest Astradan

Now the 757 is out...

While I respect everyone's right to complain all they wish, all I can say is that "You can please some of the people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time."I was a pre-purchaser, and downloaded when just by serendipity I looked on the PSS site. Unfortunately didn't have time to fly that day. Next day, there was ALREADY an update, which I d/l'd again. Did a very nice flight ... AA226 SAN --> BOS ... no issues even running with all my standard stuff ... ASv6, RC4, FSNav, Flight Keeper and FDC .. So I, for one, am a happy camper ... yesterday flew BOS to PBI, flying DL907 ATL to LAX right now ... enjoying the experience.Having been a PSS customer since the old old days of the 744, I have come to expect PSS to provide a quality product ... which they have done here, and with the 777. Support has always been excellent, courteous and prompt. Fixes always available, albeit sometimes after a difficult time bug shooting!!! ... but that's just the reality of the software biz ... things "ain't always intuitively obvious" especially when you can't recreate customer's problems.I expect PSS software to be medium complexity ... not heavy duty, all systems modeled, failures available, all that. I appreciate what I get, and live with it. Satisfaction in life seems to me to be setting appropriate, realistic expectations. As much as I would like the Flight Recorder test button to move the needle, as much as I would like to press the alert button to alert the cabin crew of things, much as I would like to set the temps, etc ... I don't expect these things from PSS, so I'm not disappointed. The 757 has a FIX page and the T7 has the FIX page retrofitted via patch ... so I can't complain about that.At any rate, I feel badly that some people feel cheated and disappointed ... don't personally agree with those feelings, rather think that I an VERY happy with the 757 I have now, in the virtual air north of DFW. I WILL buy the other 757 when it comes out some day in the future, but in the meantime, I will be enjoying the heck out of the PSS 757.and I will edit my profile to fix the following BEAT to BEST ... hahahaha ... not fun getting old .... 8-(=

I'm not all that concerned about the bugs in the initial release installer - they were quickly dealt with. I am concerned that, like the origianl poster, I did not receive any email notification. If I had not been visiting the forum daily I would have had no idea of the release.What is the status of the PSS mailing list? Why bother pre-ordering?

Graeme Butler

Guest NormanB

>What is the status of the PSS mailing list? Why bother>pre-ordering?Graeme,It seems like our ISP blocked the attempt to send out the mail. We have now ensured this wont occur again.

Hi NormanYou said QUOTE: (or infact any real info) in regards to LDS's price scale and other information. Where do you get this information from? As a part of the LDS team, bashing like you said is just wrong. Perhaps you could have the quote changed to say, according to the LDS forums, the 757 is a work in progress? This would be a good step of faith would it not?For others, LDS has never stated that the 57 is just for FSX.

I don't think Norman is bashing LDS. He simply stated that LDS have released next to no information on their 757. Which is a true statement. EDIT: John Tevendale (LDS Support & Graphics according to his banner) has stated the 757 will NOT be backward compatible with FS9. This seems to be the only bit of information yet released on the LDS 757.

Guest NormanB

Hi Bill,As you no doubt can imagine, I honestly dont have time to read every word on the Level D forum but one would think if they had news - any news - it would be loud and proud.Im very much of the old school who is very anti to any bashing of any developer.As such, since on a cursory look there is no info (although I do hear things on the grapevine) my comment is made in good faith.

Hi NormanThanks for the reply and the cursory look at the LDS forums.

>Hi Norman>Thanks for the reply and the cursory look at the LDS forums. >Bill, it has been said that the 757 will not be compatible with FS9 at all, if you are saying it will be... I think it's time for you guys to oficially make a statement...

Guest NormanB

What I did read is that whilst Bill is a LVLD tester, one of the devs had said only posts by them are official.

Guest Pro-Sim

I am not comparing products, Mod: Rest of post removed. It pretty well was. Remember this is a support forum.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.