Sign in to follow this  
Guest Segwin

777 SP2 Patch

Guest Segwin

Really nice work guys!Just flying from EGLL to KORD at the moment and everything is running nice and smooth.Lots of improvement with this patch.Thank you!

Guest Pro-Sim

Hi Norman & Stephen,I too am testing SP2 777 today and mostly things do look good, however, I note I am getting intermitant FPS, between 35 (where I have my frame rates locked at), and 17.I am using the NO VC model and do not use the weather radar. Prior to SP2 (downloaded today) I used to get 35 FPS constantly. It is as though some sort of process is dragging the FPS down to 17, every other second. It makes for a less smooth ride :-(I have gauge refresh rates set to 4 for all gauges, in the Set-up menu.Any ideas what, within SP2 may be causing this, and how I may be able to fix it ?Thanks,Bertram

Guest pavvyben

I think that sounds like more of a memory issue than the PSS T7. I had that on my old pc, check what you have got running in the background and get rid of as much as you can.CheersBen

Guest Pro-Sim

Hi Ben, The PC is a "FS" only (non-internet) PC that I am obsessive about maintaining properly ;-)It get's de-fragged frequently and there are no other programmes running alongside FS.I'd also add that I do not get this intermittant problem with any other add-ons, and also didn't get it with the T7, until SP2.I would add that I have seen it before however - the feelthere 737PIC used to have this problem at one stage but it was patched out.So I'm pretty confident it's not a memory issue.Bert.

Hello, congratulaions to PSS, its staff and testers and the simmer community, for the launch of the Boeing 757 and 777 SP2. Here are some things noticed on a short first 773ER flight, with AIRAC 0608.1. The load editor saved gross weight was not available for the FMC.2. An exceedingly high FL380 cruise deliberately selected from Paris to London, was accepted on the ground. During climb at FL250, long before TOD, the aircraft leveled and an FMC message "unable cruise altitude" came up.3. During initial descent, the aircraft exceeded maximum speed, a "drag required" message was not observed, rate of descent at that moment being 1700fpm and engines idling. I may have not noticed, using the overhead panel at the time, but it could be that the aircraft was recovering from a steep descent which caused this.4. VNAV disconnected a couple of times during the descent on the standard BIG3B arrival with manually inserted initial approach procedure. Below FL70 the calculated deviation from the desired descent path oscillated a few times showing values up to 50,000 ft on ND.5. Autoland selected at 12NM retained a shallow approach path of nearly 1 dot below GS till 5NM from touchdown, airspeed at 12NM was 180, 160 with full flaps from GS capture and 140(VREF +5) from 4NM.6. The lateral departure I had observed before during flare using similar approach speed and similar docile weather was inexistent and the aircraft landed nicely.

Hello all:I had some issues as well after the patch. The T/D was after the first decent point. Climb and decent rates were 3000 to 4000 ft/min. There were some overspeed conditions on take offs even after VNAV was active. When changing a speed and altitude in the flight plan nothing changed but the one line that was modified. I looked at the files and there was only one file changed which is the panel config.dat. Perhaps I installed it incorrectly. I accepted the default of the FS9 root directory.RegardsRick

Guest matsuman

Yes, a very good patch.I just did a long haul (real time) flight from KSEA (Fly Tampa) to Narita (Overland Japan scenery) and it was a very good flight.Nice take off rotation and steady climb and followed the speed restriction that was inputed on the FMC. I had the FMC took over the climb phase after wheels up. It followed the speed based on the flap configuration and climb rate. Followed the exact flight of UA875>>SEA J523 TOU UDMAP JOWEN LOHNE ARCAL 5900N 16000W ONEOX B327 NULUK R220 NANAC OTR10 ARIES RJAA RWY34L<<

Kin,Did you try inputting or changing the waypoint speed/altitude restrictions during descent to see if it the freezing issue had been resolved?After all, this is the single most important issue that this patch had to address? I won't be able to download and test the new patch until tonight or tomorrow.John

Guest matsuman

John,During my cruise phase, i was playing around with the CDU,updated the coordinate waypoints along with the route fixed points.Flew 9 hrs and 45 min (real time), keep changing view, updated my FIX on CDU and followed the step climb with no problem.On my descent, i changed couple of waypoints which i would like to get there with speed and altitude....everything was normal.Yes, i did encountered that freezing up on the last version when you descent. But, not on this second patch (cross your fingers).I will do another long haul flight today and look for anything.Some of the things that need addressing still there and some of these are within fs coding...but i can live with that. As long as i can take-off, cruise, manage the FMC, FLCH intervene,free stuttering, acceptable fps on any given sceneries with AI dynamics on, perform auto-land...without my system freezing up, we are good to go.Thanks,Kin M.(Klax)

Guest matsuman

Did another long haul flight (real time) from NZAA to KSFOwith a total of 11 hrs and 42 min flight time.Climb out from Auckland was all VNAV/LNAV profile, took about 22 minutes from wheels up to FL320. Descent using FLCH, earlier than the scheduled T/D to test the speed descent. Landed on 28R at KSFO (Fly Tampa with Megascenery NorCal)with 14,000 lbs of fuel remaining. Did the LOC/APR autoland, but disengaged at 1000 ft and took her manually.Main gear touchdown and sofly set the nose wheel down with good stopping on autobrake 3 set.Insufficient fuel forecast still an issue and fuel burn is a bit less. Overall, outstanding patch and all i can say is the Triple Seven is back on my system. :-)Thanks,Kin M.(Klax)System: AMD 64 bit FX-60 Dual Core 2.61ghzWIN XP Pro 64bit Service Pack 12 gb MemoryGeForce 7900 GT 256meg X2 SLIAETI Yoke and ThrottleCH Pro PedalGoFlight (GF-T8,GF-MCP and GF-LGT)Aircraft panel: PSS B777 Pro-Panel patch ver 2Aircraft model: Meljet B777-200ER Air New Zealand realistic liveryAircraft FDE: PSS (except the gear points,fuel scalar, engine thrust,lights and cockpit view to base the ER version)

I just finished a flight from Miami Intl. to Los Angeles LAX (KMIA - KLAX) and modified the altitude and speed restrictions at least twice along the way and changed the arrival STAR twice with no problems whatsoever. This was a route I previously flew where the SIM froze upon altering alt/speed in the CDU.So far so good!John

That makes it harder to pin down and debug. Unless you accept such hick-ups once every so many flights.>I just finished a flight from Miami Intl. to Los Angeles LAX>(KMIA - KLAX) and modified the altitude and speed restrictions>at least twice along the way and changed the arrival STAR>twice with no problems whatsoever. This was a route I>previously flew where the SIM froze upon altering alt/speed in>the CDU.>>So far so good!>>John

Hello Opher,I think you misunderstood my last post - I have NO problems now after the patch. It was before the SP2 (SP1.1) that I still had the CDU freeze - now I don't. So, there is nothing to debug and if there was, I would have surely given much more details.John

Guest matsuman

Just to add my test flight and this time is the 300ER.Completed a 10 hrs and 55 min flight (real flight)...B777-300ER All Nippon 07 (KSFO to RJAA) >>>ALCOA BUTEN BOSKE 3800N 14000W 3800N15000W 3700N 16000W 3700N 17000W 3700N18000E 3700N 17000E 3800N 16000E GARRYOTR11 SCORE OTR12 PETAL OTR20 LIBRA<<

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.