Sign in to follow this  
Guest master_warning

Need someone to test

Guest master_warning

Can someone please load this route to your CDU and try to fly it on their 757-200?TJSJ-KCLTSID>JAAWS9 - OMN - J45 - CRG - J53 - IRQ - STAR>UNARM1When you takeoff, use NAVL to follow the route. My 757 just turns to heading 353 and sists there...never capturing the CDU route. Can someone help me? Thanks.Esteban Aldarondo-

EstebanI am flying another route at the moment. If necessary will try yours later.Firstly, though, did your route have a discontinuity either in the SID or after it?John Rooum

Guest master_warning

Hey John, Thanks for looking into it.No, it was a complete route. No disc. Never seen this before. It seems that the aircraft just doesn't see the route and sits on hdg 353. I tried changing the heading manually to place it on an itercepting path but it just turns back to 353. As if there was nothing to follow.Esteban Aldarondo-

Will test in 10 minutesCyrille de LattreAsus P4P800/PIV 3 Ghz/2 Giga DDRAMATI X800 GT 256 MegWin XP SP2 / FS9.1 PSS Beta tester

OK,just tested the route, and the result you have is normal cause the SID is a vector departure, if you look closely to the Navigation Display you will see that at 400ft after take of the plane is turning left to a waypoint called VECTOR. If during that leg you do not go in the cdu and make a direct to the next waypoint, the bird will follow the current heading.Actualy ATC will tell you where to fly.Hope this helps.Cyrille de LattreAsus P4P800/PIV 3 Ghz/2 Giga DDRAMATI X800 GT 256 MegWin XP SP2 / FS9.1 PSS Beta tester

Guest master_warning

Hey Cyrille,Thank you. I knew I must have been doing something wrong. I had never seen that vector waypoint on any of my other routes before. Interesting. I'll go do my flight now that I know the procedure. Always learning something knew eh? Thanx.Esteban Aldarondo-

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.