Sign in to follow this  
Guest slamdunk

Crushing frame rates

Guest slamdunk

Hello All:I have tried to adjust the refresh rates in the setup to 6. This has no effect on the frame rates for the 757. For instance if I select the flight director in the 2D panel it takes up to 30 seconds for it to engage/disengage. I have not even been able to look left or right!The VC also take an incredible amount of time to load. Again I am unable to look left or right or pan around. I'm not going to go into my systems specs as I am sure they are average. Most of my other addons work fine and flowing well in VC mode. I wish I could report on the other issues that simmer seem to be having!I wish that I could say "she's a little twitchy on the approach" or someting like that!Basically the 757 locks up my FS9 and by extension other system functions. Is anyone else having these issues still?Any help is appreciated. And I still am a big PSS supporter from wayback.....ThanksRay

Ray, wish I could help you, but I'm kind of in a similar situation. Maybe there is a memory leak or something, though I'm no programmer so I really can't make that kind of claim, but I myself get crazy jumping frames like I've never seen before. I've seen up to 70 in the VC, but then it goes to like 30 then back up and even down to 6 at one time then back up then back down again. It's really strange which makes me suspect there is a problem somewhere. For instance in the 777 I get a very stable frame rate, no crazy spikes or lows, just a nice even 30 to about 47 and nothing beyond those two. I have a powerful Core 2 Duo which turned my PDMG from a stuttering mess into I can fly into KLGA with frames >25. I hope PSS looks into this a little more deeply, usually I've noticed with other addons, the problem is spotted pretty quickly and a fix is issued. Hopefully that will be the case here.Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Guest N745AM

Hey guys,I just finished a flight from LA to DFW and I have the same problem...At LAX and cruise flight was excellent no major problem with frames, but durning approach and landing OMG just to open the FMC I have to wait almost 40 seconds.Also using the spot view frames were very low.Hope there is any solution for this.Greetings,Jorge M.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.