Sign in to follow this  
virtualstuff

FS9 Crash During Flight: Possible Memory Leak?

>Hi,>>So far I like the 757 a lot - PSS has certainly done a great>job with this aircraft.>>Today, on my flight from Philadelphia to Pittsburgh, while>starting my descent, my flightsim crashed and I received a>popup from windows stating that "Windows- Virtual Memory>Minimum Too Low">>In my windows settings I have a "custom" page filing selected>and my intial size is 1536 and maximum set at 3072. Flight>Simulator must have exceeded 3072, which leads me to ask>whether or not the PSS 757 has a memory leak.>>Has anyone else experienced a similiar problem?>>http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/155390.jpgMost of the times related to a corrupt page file of windows just set your page size at o reboot and set the new size and your done ;-)Andr

André

Guest Luis1982

Greetings,I've also experienced same problem with the PSS 752, I start FS9 normally running at 500MB page file (virtual memory).. my top is 1.5Gb and after 2 hours flying the PSS 757 virtual memory is over 800mb and rising after 3 hours it has reach almost 1.2gb indicated on the page file.. Initially I thougth the problem was being caused by ActiveSky but.. False Alarm.. the problem is being caused by the PSS 752.. I did last night a flight MIA-LHR on the PSS 772 and never got virtual memory over 600mb (9 hour fligth).. and even using 3rd party software (winamp, servinfo... etc).. and software performance was great.. I've also tested this problem with the PMDG 747, 737, Lvl-D 767 and PSS 772 and still I only see it on the PSS 757.. In AvA (joinava.org) some people also had experienced this issue.. And still haven't found a thread with solution to this problem..best wishesLuis

Guest sgerfen

I get the out of memory error when flying this plane. Is that a similiar problem. It always happens about 2-3 hours into flight. Just to be sure it wasn't a scenery error, I ran the same route with a different plane and had no troubles. When flying a shorter route with 757-200, I don't get problem.

Guest Airik

Did anyone ever figure this problem out.. There is nothing worse than flying a 2 hour flight, be on Final Approach, and WHAMO, CTD.. This plane is useless to me right now because Im not willing to fly it until this issue is resolved.. Can someone help me here? What is the fix to this "memory error" problem that has my 757 grounded ? If there wont be a fix, let me know so I can uninstall the 757 and get on with other products..

Guest Phoenix5

I have not been able to reproduce any type of memory leak issues on my PC, and the developers have not had issues either. At this time I do not have a solution for you, but I will try again to see if I can reproduce the problem.

Guest UPS523

Same thing here cant complete a flight without getting out of memory error.I notice that when i fly any of my other third party planes my memoryusage is around 55 to 65% the pmdg747 is around 65 to 70% and the PSS 757 is always over 90% dont understand why it uses so much ram.Any ideas??

Guest Skedflyer

By any chance do you guys have Ultimate Terrain installed?

Dennis,With the greatest respect to you, this error is not caused by Ultimate Terrain. I have the now famous " .. Flight Simulator has run out of available memory ..... " error message a lot with the PMDG 747.Whilst this is not the place to discuss the PMDG product, it seems that this error can be caused by scenery and terrain conflicts and not by any single product presence.I have fully defragged my hard drive with Disk Keeper 10, a good powerful utility and still I get this error from time to time. To be fair, it has not appeared recently so it may well be to do with drive space (I have a 250GB, 7200rpm drive - loads of room left and I can't think why there would be a drive issue here) but I have now purchased a second drive onto which I will be installing FS9 so that there "should" be no drive space issues.To be fair, aircraft systems such as those supplied by PSS and others, are, by their very nature, complex software - and as such there will be issues like this. Of course its not much help if you suffer from those issues.I hope to find the complete answer to my PMDG woes sometime, but if I do, then there is a good chance, I would have thought, that any such issues with the PSS 757 would be near to a solution as well.Good luck.Take care,Lee

Lee James
Desktop Pilot - www.virtualairlinepilot.org

Instagram - virtualairlinepilot_lee
Check out my Adventure Videos & FS Reviews on YouTube at VirtualAirlinePilot !

spacer.png

I get a CTD as well w/ the PSS 757, no other addon crashes FS9. I do have ultimate terrain as well. I will deactivate my sceneries and try to find a conflict if it exists. By the way the CTD's occur more with v1.2.Todd

ATP MEL

Commercial SEL

B-747, BE-300, BE-400, DHC8, ERJ 170/190, MU-300

C-17A Globemaster III

Guest UPS523

I found the problem i was having was with some Scenery i had for Taiwan and simflyers so i uninstalled all these scenerys and i havent had a problem since. I think the taiwan scenery had a memory leak and the simflyers airports are memory hogs anyways. All seems to be all good now

Guest Ruahrc

Well I don't think there is necessarily a problem with those sceneries but disabling the sceneries works because they free up more RAM for the plane to use. You could probably fly around those sceneries forever in a Cessna and never have a problem.So really I don't think it's totally fair to say that the scenery alone is causing the problem, or necessarily the plane itself either. Maybe we are running up on the limit of what FS9 can handle and designers will have to start writing software that is both functional and easy enough on the resources to accomodate other addons as well.Ruahrc

Guest Chris Smith

Any progress with this issue? I still have CTD's on approach with this aircraft, regardless of scenery.Chris Smith

I, too, have started having CTD with this aircraft. I had flown about four flights with it with no problem. I tried flying from KSEA to KSFO this weekend, and CTD in flight. Tried it three more times, with same result. Here is what I have:Dell XPS 1.86 GHZ dual core processor (essentially 3.2 GHZ combined)2 GB of RAMNVIDIA GeForce 7950 GX2 video cards (dual 2GHZ, giving total of 4GHZ)FlyTampa KSEA sceneryTook off from rwy 34R, flew SEA ELMAA J589 RBG.GOLDN4 route. It always CTD when I either approach or are leaving the ELMAA intersection.I have done everything mentioned in the top post of how to configure your computer, and everything is up to specs.I think there is definitely some type of memory leak, as it is happening repeatedly. I even diabled my ActiveSky weather, and same result. With my computer, it should easily be able to handle this, but cannot. I have no other addon scenery in that area. HELP!!! I really love this aircraft, and want to continue to fly it, but cannot because of this problem.

Greg Goodavish

Greg and Chris,I recently had my first

OK, I tried to fly the KSEA to KSFO flight again, with the route stated above, with the task manager on. My PF usage remained constant at 936-980 MB. My CPU usage was at 50-54%, with a few spikes to 60-70, but then immediately back down to 53%. When I got near to ELMAA again, another CTD. It showed a spike in CPU usage to about 60%, but nothing extraordinary, and higher ones earlier had not caused the CTD. I then flew a flight from KORD to KATL, with default airports. No problem the whole way. I am beginning to wonder if it is an AIRAC problem. I am using NavData Airac 7-05 for PSS. Could someone else that has the FlyTampa KSEA airport and NavData Airac 7-05 fly the exact route I did, off rwy 34R, then direct ELMAA and let me know if they get a CTD? I know that AIRAC problems with the LAGO Maddog MD82 can cause a CTD. I am wondering if that is what is happening here.

Greg Goodavish

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.