Sign in to follow this  
Andy B

777 - panels.dll

Hi guys,After doing a total re-install of the 777 and then applying the latest patch I am getting errors and am unable to load the aicraft.Specifically, after creating a flight with the 777 then hitting go, FS9 pauses at the "Loading Scenery Objects 0%" then the standard XP error box pops up with "Microsoft FS9 has encountered a problem and needs to close".The error report appears to point out that "panels.dll" is the culprit.This does not occur if I attempt to load any other payware or freeware aicraft - just the 777. I wasn't getting this error before the patch.Just in case panels.dll had become corrupt or something, I backed up my old one and installed a fresh "panels.dll" from my original FS9 install disc's - however I still get the same error with the new dll.Any suggestions gents?Regards,Andy Banner

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

After looking into it a bit more - I am able to get the 777 to load if I start a flight somewhere with an aircraft other than the 777.Its a pain in the behind - but it works.Any reason why the 777 is the only aircraft I have to do this with?

Because it is a complex panel. A quick search of this forum (and other add on support forums) will show that loading from the create a flight menu is not recommended.When you try to start from create a flight a number of elements are not properly initialised.