Sign in to follow this  
Guest hectorpty

PSS757 fuel flow, fuel pumps and doors

Guest hectorpty

I have noticed that the 57 has become more fuel efficent now with the updated version. I know that 57 had a cruising fuel flow between 3000 and 4500 lbs per hour per engine, depending on weight, altitude and speed. Now it has half that value, between 1600 and 2000 lbs per hour per engine. Is this normal and is there any reson for this? These values would give the 57 flying autonomy of alomost 18 hours.Also noticed that fuel pumps are not working correctly and it looks like it causes a unrevocable fuel imbalance, because when turning off left pumps to equialize the right side, it does not work. Previous version did.Had some problems with the doors also. If opened all doors, and tried to close all of them, noticed, that L1 and cargo FWD door wouldnt close back. Is this issue resolved?Regards,Junior Puente

Make sure your cfg files are up to date. I am currently seeing FF averaging around 4000lbs per hour per engine while in the cruise phase...spot on if u ask me.

Eric 

Guest jebbook

I read in another posting that the P&W engines have a 0.5 multiplier in the config file. The individual stated to change it to 0.99. I don't know if this is the correct number. The RR engines use a 1.00.:-hmmm As for the doors, yes, even just a few doors opened, some just won't close. The aft cargo and the aft door will not close untill the engines have been started and pushback completed. For the Lvd 767, I have found that the ATC window has to be opened before the forward cargo door will open or close. I have tried this trick with this bird and have not been luckey. Someone will clue us all in. :-zhelp For PSS, this is a very nice bird and will be even better when some of the bugs/items on the daily glitch list are chased out. I would like to be notified/clued in when the files are changed so that I can remove and then re-install this great bird.Have fun flying! Time for me to hit the air.:-beerchugJohn B.:-bluegrab

Guest N555TZ

Seeing 3700 at FL400Mach .8 with 66knot 80* crosswind from the left.

John,All the cfg's have the fuel scalar at 1.00 now..none have the .5 anymore. Update your cfg via the installer if yours still shows this.

Eric 

>John,>>All the cfg's have the fuel scalar at 1.00 now..none have the>.5 anymore. Update your cfg via the installer if yours still>shows this.For what it's worth, I downloaded and installed the PSS 757 today (4 September) at about 1800 EDT, and at least for the 757-200F with Pratts, I still have the 0.5 scalar. And that was with the automatic update of the .cfg files after installing all liveries. I'll update them again and see if it fixes itself, else I'll do it manually.EDIT: The 757-200F with P&Ws still had the 0.5 scalar, so I fixed it manually. The passenger -200 and -300 had 1.0.Lewis "Moose" GregoryRichmond, Virginia

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.