Sign in to follow this  
Guest XaRGoN

The sound when starting engines...

Guest XaRGoN

Hey all,Great products,777 and the 757,but one annoying thing is the sound when starting the fuel valve,in the 757 and the 777.How can I make it stop?Thanks.Erez

I don't think there is a way to stop it.It seems the warning system is checking the values even during engine startup and shutdown, when the values are either increasing or decreasing whilst the engines spool up or down.

Phil,I see from your specs we have the MB and GC.Do you have any issues when you activate AA and AF via the card.When I do, after abour 10 mins my panels split between Analogue and VC. Going to full screen fixes this but when I look to side views Etc I get a stuttering and loud static like sound on my screen.Going back to App ctrl and all is well.Have you exp any of this?Gerry

Can't say I've noticed this - but I do fly with the full screen all the time. I'll have a quick look when I do some 777 testing and get back to you.

It *must* be possible to inhibit the aural warnings correctly during start up and shutdown. PMDG managed it on their 747-400. This is a feature of all modern aircraft. PSS got it right on the old Airbus Professional, so why not now on it's newer products?Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

I completely agree that it must be possible. PSS are either unable to do it due to the way their program their gauges, or for some reason unwilling.I suppose it's like using the default autobrake logic - some things have to be sacrificed I guess or the plane will never get released. But it seems that some of the items sacrificed tend to be "standard" on the latest payware releases.

Hi Phil,Please excuse me for hijacking the thread, again!I think I have solved my graphics issue. Can I ask do you have Radar Contact. The module info display, when I pin it and I'm in full screen mode, this is when I get my stated problems. Unpinned and all is well. If you have RC can you give this a go and let me know the out come.RegardsGerry

Actually, I won't pm you. I'll just dump it here.I have the same issues. It's when I'm in windowed mode with Adventure Display running. Panels start doing all sorts of wierd things.Can't say I ever saw this while I was in full screen mode.If you have the latest version of FSUIPC, you can select to use "FSUIPC multiline display window" on the front options page. This will put all the RC text in to a box like the one used for default ATC. It's much better than AdvDisp, and will get round these issues. I didn't have any problem with the FSUIPC box in either windowed or full screen mode.

Yep got that done this afternoon and all is good. My god I've been going crazy for days trying to resolve this, even contacting Mesh computers, who were sending an Eng to replace my cards. They where very relieved when I told em. (They Where!)Thanks BudGerry

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.