Sign in to follow this  
Guest supercow18

Issues with 757 and 777 (Icing in ASV and DME)

Guest supercow18

OK, let me congratulate you on both fine products but I have two things I noticed still don't work but work in the Airbuses.Last night I just flew the 757 around and noticed that the DME indication on the VOR gauge doesn't seem to work in auto tune mode and in manual mode. I also noticed I cant tune VOR frequencies on the MCP in manual mode so I have to use the NAV/RAD page to tune and type the radial in. Is this intentional or a bug? I was a bit miffed when i tried a VOR/DME approach and couldn't do it. So I am now relagated to ILS only approaches and maybe ADF approaches if I can get the ADF to work too, since the pointer does not show up on the ND.As for the T7 and the 757 this issue concerns both of them and has been around ever since I got the T7. Whenever I use ASV and there is icing enroute the ASI blanks out to zero and this causes problems with the Autopilot so I need to disconnect the A/T and the AP in order to resume a climb, descent or even a cruise when this happens. I turn on the Anti icing in 10C and below on the engines and use the wing anti ice as a de-iceing system as per SOP for my airline which I work for but in the sim this doesn't do anything, the ASI stays at zero until I fly out of icing conditions. I then proceeded to fiddle with FSUIPC icing setting and switched all icing off but I would like have it since this takes out some realism. On other add on aircrafts I am able to fly through it with the anti icing systems on without the ASI blanking out. I tried typing Shift-H to simulate pitot heating being turned on (even if on the real things it's automatic) but that does nothing.Can anything be done? ThanksNick Evans

This has been an issue on the PMDG Boeing 747-400 aircraft, and the solution there as far as I know was to disable all icing in AS options. I am not aware of any icing effects on aerodynamics in FS9.

Nick,The other poster answered the icing problem, so I'll address the solution to the NAV/DME: try switching on the master battery switch in the default Cessna before you select the 757. For some reason, the battery switch in the 757 overhead panel isn't tied to the FS9 master battery switch, so the NAV radios (and lights) never get turned on unless you somehow switch it on outside the 757.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.