Sign in to follow this  
Guest dobova

First Flight after 777 patch SP2

With regards to the wing rocking .. try to keep with in your VREF speed ( VREF+5 knots is best ) , i have no problems with the B777-300 if i plan the fuel right and keep with in VREF speed ( a real pilot mate of mine explained it to me ) when using the autopilot on approach, It you fly below this speed the ac may become unbalanced hence the possable wing rocking effect . So PSS are correct on this point , not sure about the VNAV , i tend to use the VSI up to about 2500 FPM . Rich

ugcx_banner.png

Guest philnutt

Good evening Norman,I am an owner of the 777-200LR, I still have problems after the 2.0 patch. I am no longer interested in fixing this aircraft as I have moved on to a different aircraft.The point I would like to make is a little off topic so I am sure it will be moved, removed or slated:I understand your frustration at the posts and comments you are receiving regarding the T7 patch and the 757 problems. The post you made above (regarding Clayton) is not helping that specific customer is it? In fact it's not helping any customer as far as I can see? The only person that is gaining from it is you by venting your frustrations in a very popular public forum therefore humiliating that customer. (and this isn't the first time) I am guessing the cost of this forum support is factored in to the price of PSS products, assuming of course you get paid by PSS for your work, therefore I really don't like to see the company (PSS) treating people in this way. The customer is upset! He rants! This is his prerogative, your product has cost him hard earned cash and as far as he concerned it doesn't work, in my considerable experience in customer support, he is right! The customer is always right until you can prove him (or her) wrong and even then as somebody who has paid money to your company for a service deserves to be treated with respect not humiliated and ridiculed in public.Of course, if PSS do not pay you for your services then this becomes a moot point and moves us all on to the fact that PSS are offering products with a very thin support layer. Don't get me wrong, I am not looking for an answer to your financial links with PSS here, that's your business and I am not that rude! What I would like to know is why you seem to feel that it is okay to berate upset customers in public. I am guessing from the number of posts Clayton has made, he asks a lot of questions but I don't know that and if Claytons posts are unfounded and unnecessary, (I lost the will to live searching this forum for answers many months ago) email him then ban him instead of exercising tyranical tones which puts people like me off posting in "YOUR" Support Forum and also puts me off buying your companies software.

Guest gat12

Norm Why did ya respond to a post that had nothing to do with our problems, and totally disregaurd the ones that are haveing problems?Brian

Guest FlyinJ

Brian, et-al,Just in case you didn't already know... the v2 patch puts the new *fixed* panel.cfg file in the Main FS9 folder under a new folder named PSSB77704panel. You must manually move the new file to the aircraftPSSB77704panel folder.Regards,Jeff

I haven't had a chance yet to patch the T7, have been building a new system and haven't yet even re-installed FS9. "Just in case you didn't already know... the v2 patch puts the new *fixed* panel.cfg file in the Main FS9 folder under a new folder named PSSB77704panel. You must manually move the new file to the aircraftPSSB77704panel folder."Does this fix the issues referred to above? This thread seemed to have stopped there.Bruce.

Guest FlyinJ

Bruce,>Does this fix the issues referred to above? This thread>seemed to have stopped there.My post was intended for general consumption since it appears some don't see any changes after installing the patch. One user stated:"...this second patch has not fixed anything for some of us."I installed the v2 patch and have noticed that almost all (save a few) of the issues PSS listed are now fixed.Jeff

Guest tyrant

OK, so please just clear something up for me, i've downloaded the file from the PSS site, and installed it. Must i now cut and paste the up to date panel.cfg file from the PSSB77704 folder to the PSS-B773ERpanel folder to make it work properly? is there anything else that needs to be moved from PSSB77704 to PSS-B773ER???ThanksJason

Guest NormanB

Jason,When you say the file, do you mean you have the latest base installers (1.1) and then used the v2 upgrade in patches?

JasonSee above. You will see that there is already a PSSB77704 folder - the original one - in the FS9/aircraft folder. By mistake, the V2 upgrade installer puts the new PSSB77704 folder into the FS9 root folder whereas it should be in the FS9/aircraft folder.If you cut and paste the new PSSB77704 folder from the root folder into the aircraft folder it will over-write the old panel.cfg and leave everything else unchanged. For your info, the new panel.cfg is 5,525 dated 31/07/2006.Let me know if this fails.John RooumPs Sorry Norman, didn't know you were still on line.John

Guest gat12

Jeff thanks, but I have the right files in the right places. With dates on each of 9/4 for panel and 9/6 for aircraft cfg. So its not where I have placed the files as I said before.Brian

Guest tyrant

Yes Norman, tks John, i'll do it like that, sorry, i didn't initially see it in the root folder.Jason

>Norman,>>Correcty me ifI am wrong, but from what I expereinced this>morning is: installing the 777 with the base installer 1.1>just install the bugy gauge from April or something like that.>So in any case, any one getting the base installer 1.1 HAS to>apply the patch in the product fixes on PSS site.>>And As said upper do not forget to update the panel config, as>the EXE patch file is not installing the panel config>correctly.>>>Cyrille de Lattre>>Asus P4P800/PIV 3 Ghz/2 Giga DDRAM>ATI X800 GT 256 Meg>Win XP SP2 / FS9.1 >PSS Beta testerThe just flight SP2 pacth doesn't create the PSSB7704 folder in the root but at the correct place so I don't think it is the problemFor info can someone from PSS publish the correct date for the sp2 files (PSS77.GAU, aircraft.cfg etc..)thanksYves

Guest dobova

>Hi Dome,>>I think you may still have the 1.1 version. As Norman stated>below, version 2 patch is not instlled by downloading the>installer but under SUPPORT-PRODUCT FIXES. It is called the>B777LR Pro 2004 version 2 and the patch file is called>"777V2PATCH.EXE".>>JohnJohn thank you for info.I'm getting little confused once again on this damned patch...Ok. 1.install JF777 original DVD2.download and apply patch SP1 from JF3.download and apply patch 2.1 from PSS Site (i.e.: DISREGARDS JF patch Sp2, right ?) .I will trythanksDome

philnutt thanks for your response, its not that i am angry about the PSS777 which you quite righly pointed out i spent my hardearned money on, its just that 5 months back when i started posting problems about the 777 in this very forum, i was told that "I" wasnt flying the ac properly, you can come to your own conclusion from looking at all these customers complaints of who was correct, that i wasnt flyin the AC property or it was the software that was the issue.i was really angry back then because my posts were being deleted when i posted a problem regarding the 777 as i said in the post above im not angry anymore as i dont fly the 777, it was (maybe is) a very promising 777 as i liked the frame rate friendliness of it and the cockpit detail however the systems and the way the ac flew disappointed me, so i am just writing off my lost, but I do read these forums just to see it wasnt only me who had these problems with the 777 and the progress or lack of progress of Patch 2.

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Guest RichR4

It is not clear to me where to copy the PSS77704 files in the Fs9 root directory. Do they go to the AircraftPSS77704 file or the AircraftPSS772LR directory.I would suggest that PSS revise the download so it goes to the right place. RichR

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.