Sign in to follow this  
Guest dobova

First Flight after 777 patch SP2

Guest gat12

Is anyone from PSS going to address this at all?Brian

Guest NormanB

>Is anyone from PSS going to address this at all?Brian,Whch part do you refer to? Your post is in reference (reply 46) to the installer being updated a couple of days ago. What else would you like us to say?

Norman, i have re-downloaded the 757, and i find two many items repeated in the ac menu (FS9). Maybe it

Guest gat12

NormanI guess you havent read any of my post, if you had you would know that I am still having problems with the T7.

Guest NormanB

>I guess you havent read any of my post, On the contrary however you referred to a post about the installer. Am I now meant to be psychic? I'm all ears but I can't read into one thing when you post about another.

Miquel,PSS are aware of the duplicated items in the aircraft list [it only requires a minor change to the aircraft.cfg after download] but I am sure they will be aiming to put a proper solution in any future update to the installer.As to the 777, I have been looking at the various comments above compared to what I am seeing in a basic VNAV descent so would be grateful if you could detail the particular problem you are seeing with the 777 VNAv, which model, and whether yours is the PSS or JF version.Many ThanksJohn Rooum

Hi everybody,I have redone the tutorial flight from KBFI to KLAX after patching my T7 to SP2.well the least I can say is that I am totally disappointed.I used the 777-300ER. It took off way after v2 although I applied a picth of approx 10deg to follow my flight director indications.in the VC, there is still a graphical glitch on the clock (black shards flickering at my res 1680*1050) this doesn't happen with the 777-200LR.(Bug already reported but not fixed)VNAV descend didn't follow the path and I had the message "drag required", I had to switch to FLCH to have a decent descent pathFinal approach LOC capturd,GS captured, the wings were rocking from left to right (crosswind 10 kts).I canceled auto-land to stabilize the aircraft and managed to land successfully.I really don't know what I must do, I have all the major add-ons (LDS,PMDG,etc..)I have never seen such a poor flight behaviour.I hope someone can help me on this.RegardsYves

Guest NormanB

>PSS are aware of the duplicated items in the aircraft list [it>only requires a minor change to the aircraft.cfg after>download] but I am sure they will be aiming to put a proper>solution in any future update to the installer.Its what I am working on just right now actually John.

Miquel,Thank you for all that. For comparison, in my last 777LR flight, I started the VNav descent from FL410. The initial rate of descent increased to 6000fpm - and of course the FMC had to ask for more drag to hold the speed - but by FL370 the aircraft had achieved the correct profile and the rate of descent reduced to around 3000 - 3500 fpm. It then held this rate with no problems with speed control down to 10,000 ft when again I used the spoilers to reduce to 240 kts.The initial problem at top of descent is understandable - the FMC does not anticipate and assumes that the aircraft instantly enters a descent at the calculated rate.But I have not seen the problem with the speed increasing - I will repeat this route tomorrow and look in more detail at how the speed behaves.By the way, do you have the same problem with autopilot instability on the ILS as reported by others on this thread?John Rooum

>Miquel,>>Thank you for all that. For comparison, in my last 777LR>flight, I started the VNav descent from FL410. The initial>rate of descent increased to 6000fpm - and of course the FMC>had to ask for more drag to hold the speed - but by FL370 the>aircraft had achieved the correct profile and the rate of>descent reduced to around 3000 - 3500 fpm. It then held this>rate with no problems with speed control down to 10,000 ft>when again I used the spoilers to reduce to 240 kts.>>The initial problem at top of descent is understandable - the>FMC does not anticipate and assumes that the aircraft>instantly enters a descent at the calculated rate.>>But I have not seen the problem with the speed increasing - I>will repeat this route tomorrow and look in more detail at how>the speed behaves.>>By the way, do you have the same problem with autopilot>instability on the ILS as reported by others on this thread?>>John RooumJohn it is with the 777-300ER that we have the problem not the LR

Hi John, my only problem is the descent with VNAV, but in my case with the 777-300 the behaviour is better (seems more controlled, no t so slippery). Finally since patch 1, I have no inestability problems with ILS (intercepting and final descent). Now with the patch 2, is even better.Regards.Miquel Egea.

Yves,Appreciate your point - the ER seems to have had the most problems since the first release. However, on the one hand I have seen threads suggesting that the -LR VNav also had problems yet on the other we have a thread on this page from someone who is happy with the -ER: both VNav and AP stability!Also Miquel is not reporting AP problems with his -ER on ILS; only a problem with speed control during VNav descent.I notice that you have the JF release - as has Dome. For both versions the SP2 update is purely a panel/gauge change; however, I wonder if perhaps somewhere in either the SP1 or SP2 updates from JF .........??It could help to iolate this {or not} if anyone who is having these problems with the PSS version could come up on this thread.John Rooum

John ,let me correct this point, the problem is the pitch down, angle of descent, with VNAV , which doesn

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.