Sign in to follow this  
Jack C

777 error

Just give you a quick description of whats happening. I am level at cruising altitude at fl200. centre clears me to 5000. so on the legs page i make a crossing restriction on one of my waypoints coming up and i plave 5000 on the altitude constraint. the plane starts leaving fl200 to 5000 and i didnt not put 5000 in the MCP. it is my understanding that the plane mut obey the MCP altitude so until i place 5000 in the MCP the plane should hold fl200. correct me if i am wrong here. Jack

Guest FlyinJ

Jack,You are correct. When the Autopilot is engaged and ALT or VNAV mode is enabled, the MCP ALT is king and the aircraft should not descend below that altitude until you have entered a new (lower) altitude in the MCP ALT window and commanded the aircraft to descend either manually or automatically via VNAV. The only exceptions would be when the autopilot is in APP mode and intercepts the GS of an ILS or if the aircraft has run out of fuel and can no longer maintain altitude.Jeff

Guest Sjaako

Hi Jack,Just wanted to say that I had the same happen to me.CheerioSjaako

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.