Sign in to follow this  
A320driver

Are landing lites seperate?

Would like to find out if the 757 landing lites are all tied together, or can you have on just the nose gear lite alone? Seems I cannot get any of the lights to work by themselves. Everything seems to be operated by the main landing lite (wing) switches. Thanks,Joe

Regards,

Joe Esposito

The landing lights function in groups.For instance, both wing lights turn on at once, the nose gear functions independently from the wing lights and the runway turnoff both turn on also independently.You can't switch individual sides on and off but the three groups function seperate of eachother on my rig.

Howard H.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world"

-Mahatma Gandhi

Guess I will ask this a different way. Can the nose gear landing light be turned on alone, without the wing lights? If it can, then something is not right with my setup.Thanks,Joe

Regards,

Joe Esposito

Guest NormanB

Joe,Howard already answered "the nose gear functions independently from the wing lights"

In the real plane you can operate the wing landing lights separately as well. All ldg lights can be operated separately.Tero

PPL(A)

Well I quess then there is a problem with my setup. When I turn on the nose gear landing lite switch alone, all I get are the two runway turnoff lights and the lite at the bottom of the nose gear (rwy turnoff lite switch off). If I switch on the wing lites and leave off the nose gear lites, the wing and nose lites are on, (nose lites should be off correct?). My whole point here is, I would like to be able to taxi with just the two big landing lights on the nose gear lit and none of the other lites (rwy turnoff, wing lites) on. Maybe someone could offer a fix for this as it seems from the above replies this is possible.Thanks for the help,Joe

Regards,

Joe Esposito

Spent quite a bit of time messing with this issue. On my set up there is no way to get just the nosegear landing lite to work alone. It's all three landing lites or none. I see from the above posts that the nose gear lite works seperate from the others. Any ideas on what could be wrong with my setup. Checked the lights in the cfg. against other posts regarding lites, no problems there. Just would like to get this function to work correctly.Thanks in advance for the input,Joe

Regards,

Joe Esposito

Guest N555TZ

>In the real plane you can operate the wing landing lights>separately as well. All ldg lights can be operated>separately.>>TeroHey Tero,I understand that, but in real life you HIT BOTH SWITCHES in one push. Why make the flight simmer click each switch. Waste of my time.In real life, one which I enjoy living in, why would you operate one wing landing light and not the other? In real life if you did that, for no apparent reason, and burned out one of the lights while not using it according to SOP or in a situation that required it for safety, you'd probably be in hot sh1t.Landing lights on all planes are extremely exspensive.

Hello,It's not a question of whether you would do it or not. It's a question of if you can do it or not. And in the real plane you can operate the lights separately.I just told how it works in the real jet. I know how they are usually operated, sure.Tero

PPL(A)

This is what I am trying to achieve:http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0941901/L/As stated before, cant do that with the lites on my rig. It's all the landing lites or nothing. Sure wish someone with more knowledge on how the lites in the PSS 757 function would weigh in.Thanks,Joe

Regards,

Joe Esposito

Joe,Before blaming your system, you might want to find out if the PSS lights should even be modelled separately. If not, then it's a feature of the SW, not a problem in your system.Tero

PPL(A)

Tero,That is what I have been trying to find out, just how the PSS 757 lites are modeled. The closest answer I have got seems to point to the fact I should be able to set up the lites just as you see in the picture. However, I do not see my lites working that way. Nose gear switch turns on the turn-off lites, the wing switches turn on all the landing lites (including nose gear lites) and the rwy turn-off switches do nothing. If that is the way it is, great. I would just like to know how the 757 lite system works in this sim.Regards,Joe

Regards,

Joe Esposito

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.