Sign in to follow this  
Guest Chris Smith

How about a 2d panel with wing views?

Guest Chris Smith

I was wondering if there is any way to create a 2d panel with wingviews option with the 757. I always enjoy looking back from the cockpit to see the wing tip! I know many of the Feelthere/Wilco aircraft, Level D, PMDG aircraft have this option and I think it would be great to have in an update.Thanks Chris SmithCompuer Specs:Dell Dimension 83000Processor: Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.80GHz Processor Speed: 2.73 GHz Memory (RAM): 1024 MB Graphics: ATI RADEON 9800 XT (512MB)

Guest deltamike172

I respectfully second this request. ;)DM

Guest NormanB

Chris,This is one place we agree with our friends over at PMDG.Wing Views are for passengers. That said, FSX allows multiple views to be defined so there is more than a good chance these will appear with the FSX version. On an aside, one of my favourites is the landing gear view on the FSX Airbus.

Norman , could you show us (NDA expired) the 2D panel (Airbus A-321). I saw it in a demo some weeks ago, and was not bad at all.Thanks.Miquel Egea.

Guest NormanB

Miquel,Sorry buddy - I dont mind the odd query but I dont want to turn this into 50 FSX questions. Thanks for understanding.

Guest Chris Smith

Norm,I think a lot within the flightsim community value seeing the wing from some place inside the aircraft. Would it be very difficult to make this appear? I dont see why we cant have the option. Chris SmithCompuer Specs:Dell Dimension 83000Processor: Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.80GHz Processor Speed: 2.73 GHz Memory (RAM): 1024 MB Graphics: ATI RADEON 9800 XT (512MB)

Guest NormanB

Chris,Currently no. Already we are at the limit of polygons within the FS9 environment.

>Chris,>>This is one place we agree with our friends over at PMDG.>>Wing Views are for passengers. >>That said, FSX allows multiple views to be defined so there is>more than a good chance these will appear with the FSX>version. On an aside, one of my favourites is the landing>gear view on the FSX Airbus.:-lol Norman Microsoft and Aces thinks other wise there are may config views possible in the upcomming FSX...No need for Active camera or other view utilities ;-)Andr

André

Can't imagine Microsoft leaping from the generic (rubbish) autopilot in FS9 to a fully fledged Airbus FBW system in FSX for the A321. Expect the usual M$ nonsense. FSX = FS9 with a game attached. Reminds me of CFS3 v CFS2. :-roll Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

Hi, Kevin , in the preview in Madrid, the guy from MS, promised that the Airbus would fly like the real one (he mentioned the FBW).There

If I'm not mistaken, in FSX those views are 'external' (if you pan them you will see) so they don't require additional models to function.

Bernard

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.