Sign in to follow this  
Bera

773-ER lateral control (X-wind landing)

Perttu,If you have posted correctly on the JF forum, I assume that your post should appear immediately - as here. Also, with a bona fide JF copy, there should be no reason why you cannot post on the forum - there are many 777 comments/questions which do not seem to have caused a problem. I suggest you speak to JF.John Rooum

Norman,Please see JF forum:http://forum.justflight.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=18887Is my JF version exactly the same as PSS download version? I am really looking forward to solve this issue. I have had this CD for months now and first it was the lock up which prevented me to use it and now apparently FDE for ER is a mess.Please convince me how PSS will address this.Best Rgs Perttu

PerttuFollowing your earlier concerns, I recently carried out detailed tests on the 3 PSS variants of the 777 using weights from light to well over the max landing, crosswinds up to the FS9 maximum and both automatic and manual modes. In all, I completed over 30 ILS patterns:1. Whilst there are the expected minor differences between variants of the same design, none are significant and do not affect the crosswind performance.2. All variants could be controlled using the correct techniques through take off and into successful auto - or manual landings right up to the maximum FS9 crosswind. However, I would comment that landing in a strong crosswind in any aircraft is not easy - it is a challenge as in real world and the PSS 777 is no exception. You then confirmed that you had the Just Flight version of the 777. As has been pointed out, PSS cannot provide support for Just Flight products and whilst I am happy to advise on general points, I have no access to the Just Flight 777 package.As far as the PSS 777 is concerned, I am satisfied that the 777 ER FDE is certainly not a "mess" - indeed it is a credit to Robert Young. {If you wish to experience some real hands-on flying, try his Spitfire - especially in a crosswind!}I have also followed your discussions on the Just Flight forum and, if you are still unhappy with the 777, I suggest that you contact them again. That said, if you have any questions on flying technique, there are several threads which discuss crosswind handling in detail or I would be happy to help.The above, of course, represents my own personal views.RegardsJohn Rooum

Hi John,Thanks for another post.I think my techniques are correct, I was insprired to try flightsimming already FS98 days after several chances to fly with real things on jumpseat. And yes sometimes it was windy too. Since then I have clocked with different FS's 3-5 kh all together and most of that with complex add ons. Obviously FS2004 has made a world of difference here. Even my pilot friends who fly airliners are amazed of the realism level. Not so much regarding FDE's but system modelling. While simming there is not more fun then bringing LDS 763 or PMDG 744 thru nasty weather into challenging landing where these very techniques are required. Now I was looking to do same with PSS 777. LR I can ER not. I trust you have done testing and I suspect we are not talking about same thing here. You mentioned earlier that:**Perttu,Thank you for these details. I have noticed significant differences with your files. Please could you confirm where you purchased your 777 - the PSS web site or Just Flight?Once I know this, I can help with your landing probelms.John Rooum**Would these mentioned differences explain my experience. Also if I throw away boxed edition and buy PSS version will I get better package? Friedly fellow on JF site confirmed having exactly same data I have.Best Rgs Perttu

Perttu,1. Yes, I did all the testing specifically in an attempt to reproduce the issues which you raised in your earlier threads.2. For one final time - you must appreciate that the PSS and JF products can only be treated separately and the individual files cannot be considered as compatible. This is simply because JF package the products differently {often including "added value"} but I have never had any problems with the JF products presently running on my system.3. I note that you now consider this a "minor issue" {your latest post on the JF forum} - whilst you consider the LR/LRF "as good as PMDG".4. I suggest that you look again at the ER; if you are still not happy and believe this to be fault in the package, I recommend that you again raise the issue with JF.RegardsJohn Rooum

John,Ok, LR/LRF are ok ER not. Huge difference there so I can only assume to have local problem (mess that is!!) that needs to be addressed. I shall continue this with JF.Now this package is not too expensive so if I throw away JF and download PSS is my problem fixed?What I mean is my current updated (lets assume I have done everything as supposed while updating) package precisely the same as PSS version? To further clarify I am interested the package itself so installers etc can be excluded. If PSS download would be easy solution -> fine with me since I would rather be flying than posting here.I would highly appreciate clear and definite reply and we can close this discussion.And do not get me wrong I highly appreciate all efforts to help. If you absolutely want to convince me you could perhaps dowload a clip of a landing ER at high X-winds. Best Rgs Perttu

Hello PSS,You may recall this problem I had. I do have the boxed edition.Now over holidays decided to give it a last go. I did change rudder effectiveness (aircraft.cfg) from 1.0 to 1.5.Result; She will stay on runways with 25 knt x-wind component:-beerchug . And feels also similar to LR on landing.Also adjusted same key with A330/340 (with B Scott's FDE) from 1 to 2 and they handle now also much better with significant X-wind.I thought sharing this info since others may have similar problems.Best Rgs Perttu

Noted - thanks Bera, I'll check it out next flight :)regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.