Sign in to follow this  
Guest The_Glideslope

The new PSS 757, my view

Guest The_Glideslope

Hello.I read several posts here about bugs and/or malfunctions found in the product by the users.I do not know the 757, this a first for me, but I do know very well (I would say "too" well) the 767 from another brand, and the cockpits are pretty much the same.I must report my POV on this bird as a user.Performance Issues:I must say that in my system it runs smoothly, although I think I will convert the whole VC textures to DXT for better performance.In my first flight ever I got a CTD cause by God knows what, but I did feel a significant fps drop when coming from outside to VC prior to this CTD. Must report this never happened again.Sometimes there's a FPS slowdown when passing between 2D to 3D or Outside view. Goes "jumping" from 25 to 10 fps, not pausing, for about 20 seconds then stabilizes. Weird stuff.My specs:Pentium 4 3,2NV6800 GT 256 PCIeHD 140 SATARAM 1024 DDR2FS 9.1FSUIPC 3.70Technical Issues:The text lines for the AP modes in the PFD are too big or the gauge's is too small, either way the all look weird and sometimes overlap themselves (LOC mode specially)Tried to shut everything down (even the battery) and I still get lights turned on: The Radio Stack Audio panel lights, the Caution button, Some lights in the annunciator panel and I still get audio warnings for any non-procedural operation (like switching fuel switches on when the AC is off). This should happen as no system is supplied with power.Where is the ILS module in the 2D pedestal view??? Why doesn't it show in any the 2D panels??? This is an important part of the radio stack!!! I got to turn to 3D mode to get it...Neither one of the Artificial Horizon gauges is aligned with the forward point of view in the 2D view. Call this a professional "thingy" but I find this extremely important. I wouldn

The Left and Center knobs for the landing lights are the left and right wing lights respectfully.The right knob is the Nose gear.That's even the case with the LDS767.Just FYI. :)

Howard H.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world"

-Mahatma Gandhi

Guest The_Glideslope

WOW!http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=0602...ev_id=&next_id=That's absolutely right! You know, flying the "Sixer" for so much time and I haven't noticed this??? Still, is it normal to engage both lights at the same time, or is the operation individual?Furthermore, I would like to get some answers on the other issues I pointed out...

Guest The_Glideslope

BUMPAre these issues I pointed out being taken care of?By the way, talked to a 767 captain about the lights, they are ALL independent. You can switch on or off any landing light at your pick, there is no "dual engagement" like you have on the 757 for the wing lights.

Why was my comment about light operation in the real aircraft deleted ?I made no reference whatsoever to any other products.Tero

PPL(A)

Sorry, my mistake. It was another thread (about ldg lights again) :).Nothing was deleted.Tero

PPL(A)

Guest The_Glideslope

I found that when loading the AC for the first time I only hear the engine in the right speaker, even though moving around using the POV I can hear it dynamically moving. Then after switching to oustside view and coming back I can hear them in the left speaker too, in full stereo... Weird...I use a SB Live!

Indeed - the lights in the real thing are independent. It's one of those small little features I enjoy in my panels. Like wingviews and anything that brings the sim closer to reality.I always appreciate those tiny little details. :)

Howard H.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world"

-Mahatma Gandhi

Guest The_Glideslope

Not knowing if these "tiny details" are important to PSS, they are important to anyone who cares to fly the closest to the real deal!Anyway, what is patched already?

Guest The_Glideslope

I feel no one is paying attention to my posts, but I'll keep posting anyway:- The Inside Engine sound, heard from the cockpit is EXACTLY THE SAME AS THE 777 only with a slightly higher pitch. Do you want a real 757 soundkit? I can provide one.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.