Sign in to follow this  
Guest bgahan

De-Rated TakeOff in the PSS 757

Guest bgahan

Hi everyone,Can someone explain how to set up the FMC perameters for a de-rated takeoff in the PSS757? The manuals reference a "thrust limit" page in the FMC but I can't find it anywhere. Any help would be appreciated.Thank you,Brian

Guest TShoemaker

Normally, you would set up the de-rated takeoff after the PERF INT portion of the FMC programming. If you look to the bottom right hand corner of the page, you'll see "TAKEOFF", and there should be a SDK key sitting beside it. Pressing the key will take you to the takeoff page, where you can set your de-rated thrust....normally by pressing page down( at least that's where I remember it.....I could be mistaken). Hope this helps.Trent

Either you select TO-1 or TO-2 rating on the thrust limit page, or you can input a higher than ambient assumed OAT. The higher the assumed OAT, the lower the TO EPR will be.Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

Guest bgahan

Great everyone thanks. I don't remember seeing the thrust limit page on the FMC. The FMC does not allow me to do this. Probably my fault. I'll look again a bit later tonight when I get home.Brian

On the FMC takeoff page, you can set takeoff flaps, C.G. and assumed outside air temperature for derating thrust.The engine thrust ratings and pre-programmed derates 1 and 2 are selected on a dedicated control panel, located by the landing gear handle.>Great everyone thanks. I don't remember seeing the thrust>limit page on the FMC. The FMC does not allow me to do this. >Probably my fault. I'll look again a bit later tonight when>I get home.>>Brian>

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.