Sign in to follow this  
Guest TRK3586

Terrible Frames

Guest TRK3586

I have what I believe is the latest 757 gauge file (52,776,960), no DSD_TCAS file, all other FPS with other addons are perfectly fluid, so it's not my setup. I'm getting only about 10 FPS at FL230. I've turned down all performance options in the setup cfg.P4 3.0 GHz1 Gig RAMATI X850XTWindows XP ProDirectx 9.0c

Guest ilrcflyboy

I had a similar problem today arriving into Seattle. When I left flight simulator, my PC didn't perform any better. My D-link wireless card requires a wireless zero configuration utility (maybe not for long) that was running the CPU at 75%. When I killed it, my problem went away.Something to consider possibly outside of the aircraft/flight simulator.

Guest jeremy19446

Interesting, I have a fairly lower end laptop (1.5GHz Celeron M, 128MB integrated video card, 768MB RAM) and I am getting about 20 FPS at cruise(locked at 25).

Guest TRK3586

Yeah, I should definitely be doing better, considering I get good frames in everything else. I just tried uninstalling and reinstalling and on reinstall for updating aircraft.cfg, I get "One or more files failed to update correctly. This is die to a communication error or high bandwith demands"

Yeah, frames are a strange one with this plane. A tip I received from Andre was to turn down the virtual cockpit gauge slider in the display, aircraft tab in FS, it won't affect graphics in the 757, but may earn you some extra frames as it did for me. To expand further on the performance situation, some people aren't reporting any problems at all, so maybe it's specific to people with a certain hardware or something, I really don't know, I'm not a computer whiz. Also, you mentioned that the installer wouldn't update the cfg files, it's a known issue and hasn't been corrected yet. I definitely think there are some things that PSS need to fix, but I know they will in time. I think the load editor should be first though.Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Guest TRK3586

Well, I seem to have made a bit of an improvement in frames with the reinstall thankfully.

I'm getting moody frame rates. By that I mean sometimes they are up near 40 and other days, down near 10. There's so many variables between everyone's systems, I'm sure it could be 10 different things and thousands of combinations.I shut down my virus scanner (Panda)and turn off SLI for my video cards. I've got most sliders maxed and the frame rates normalize quite a bit. I also run w/out the VC.Rendure to Texture is unchecked, and I'm running 4X AA and AF through my video card settings.I also downgraded my NVIDIA drivers to the 84.xx from the 9x.xx versions as they were causing all kinds of havoc from a system stability standpoint.System Specs:Dell XPS 6003.2ghz2gb DDR210000rpm 250gb Dual Nvidia 7800GTX 512'sWin XP Media EditionCH Yoke/PedalsLogitech G15 Keyboard / G5 MouseNo advice here, but maybe a comparison might help someone.

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog
  • Software: P3D ► MSFS ► XP11 ► DCS World

Guest TRK3586

Well so much for the relief from poor frames...I'm at cruise right now (FL230) and I'm getting between 5 and 8 FPS!! Also, my computer generally seems to be responding more slowly. This does not happen with other addons. There is something about this 757 that is slowing everything down. What could it be?I've followed the same FS Autostart sequence I as I do with every flight.

I think, from an observation made by someone else in the PSS forums, that the relatively huge 32-bit VC textures may be bogging a lot of people down. There are utilities available as freeware that allow you to convert the VC textures to DXT-3. This has seemed to work for me, and I'm now able to get close to Level-D type performance now doing the circuit at KSEA. It's still a bit twitchy, though. http://www.my-buddy-icon.com/Icons/objects/red_3d_plane.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.