Sign in to follow this  
kapapilot

ILS 777

After I put in the frequency, then what do I do to see VOR localizer and glide slope? I put in the frequency what do I do to see them? Also how do you activate auto approach and or auto land?thanks for the help

Guest TShoemaker

If you look to the bottom left hand corner of the navigation display, you'll see the information on the ILS. Once the information is in, you should see the localizer and glide scope in the Primary Flight Display (PFD). To do the auto approach or auto land, it's advised to change the Nav display to the "APPROACH" mode (there's a knob beside the VOR/ADF selector switch in the upper left hand corner of the panel), and press the "APP" button on the MCP. This activates the "LOC" and the "GS" modes for capturing the localizer. It will then activate all 3 autopilots below 1500 ft. radio altitude in order to perform the auto land (or you can activate them yourself). Hope this helps.Trent

Guest TShoemaker

I'd also like to add that pressing the "LOC" button on the MCP will activate the localizer capture, but will not engage "GS" mode. Use this if you plan to execute an ILS approach without performing an autoland.Trent

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.