Sign in to follow this  
Guest kaysee10man

Autoland and autothrottle problems

Guest kaysee10man

First of all thank you for your hard work on this project. I wanted to point out a couple problems I've found with the aircraft. With autothrottles engaged in SPD mode, I select a higher altitude and CLB thrust. The EPR carrots move to the CLB thrust limit but the autothrottles remain in place. I go back to SPD mode, then back to EPR mode and the throttles finally move correctly. I noticed the autothrottles at times are a little slow to respond compared to the real aircraft.The next thing would be the autoland system. I performed an autoland the other night. The roll and flare modes were announciated in the FMA but the aircraft failed to flare and touched down at -865 fpm. This is ultimately a crash. The airplane should touch down around 200 fpm.A couple things I found missing:No altitude alerter (no audible warning when approaching the armed altitude)ILS receiver on the aft pedestal missing from the 2D panelVMO is too low. M.086 should be maxI see that a couple of these items have been addressed by others already. I'm not trying to "bash" PSS in any way but a lot of these bugs probably should have been caught during beta testing. I noticed that a previous post indicated that the beta testers were "from the community". Are we talking about the flight sim community or are we talking about those of us who have real world experience either fixing or flying this aircraft? The later mentioned are the folks you might want to consult with if you want maximum realism and customer satisfaction for your product.Overall I feel the plane flies very nicely and looks great. Having said that, I have to be honest when I say I expected a little more out of a "professional" title. Your competition has modeled previous aircraft with more realism for less money. I will continue to fly with PSS but I hope these problems will be resolved.-Dwayne

QUOTEI'm not trying to "bash" PSS in any way but a lot of these bugs probably should have been caught during beta testing. I noticed that a previous post indicated that the beta testers were "from the community". Are we talking about the flight sim community or are we talking about those of us who have real world experience either fixing or flying this aircraft? The later mentioned are the folks you might want to consult with if you want maximum realism and customer satisfaction for your product.UNQUOTEMany things have been reported by the beta team to whom I belong since the A3xx product. I am not and cannot accept any bashing of the beta team, as would no accept I guess any one in the Team, but I will be clear on one point:More than 200 bugs have been completed, and we have identified 180 that we think are remaining.Some of them are very unsignificant but for example on the FO side and CPT side 2 switches are missing for the pilot and copilot heater for feet and shoulders, It is nothing, may be, but our job is to identify all which is not 100% real and/or within the fs9 limitationAsk Graham, or Phoenix 1 or Norman or Steven, we, I am still investigating for both aircraft.Some of us are coming from the community and some are real world 777 or 757 captain or first officer.Personnaly I am real wolrd corporate airline captain, production test pilot on FAR/JAR 23 aircraft and Aeronautical Expert Consulting and volunteer fire fighter (that is for my resume if ever you have a job for me...)And because we want to have the maximuim reality we have identify so many bugs or things we would like to see corrected or even implemented. On the other end, this is a game, and I am not taking the decision in managing the product neither managing the policy of the company. I am playing with and if sometime I feel frustrated of this, what else can I do.Critics for for critics does not give any thing constructive, and I am a constructing person.So I understand perfectly what are your feeling and will humbly ask you a little bit of patience.Thanks very much.Cyrille de LattreAsus P4P800/PIV 3 Ghz/2 Giga DDRAMATI X800 GT 256 MegWin XP SP2 / FS9.1 PSS Beta tester

Guest kaysee10man

Cyrille,Thank you for your response and for your role in the beta testing process. My point on the matter is this: If bugs were identified to PSS (and there are some significant bugs), then PSS should have corrected those bugs prior to the release of the product. If bugs were identified after the release, then a patch should be issued to fix those bugs as soon as possible. This is quality control. There will always be some bugs in a new product. This fact is understandable to a point. The idea when developing an airplane is to develop one that takes the technology a step further that the previous developer. You want to be the best developer out there. This means that if you are creating an airplane of a "professional" level, you should have at least the same features or better features than previous developers have already accomplished. If you fall short of this, your aircraft will be considered inferior to the previous developer's aircraft. I am sorry to say this but it is a fact of life. Some of the problems that are being addressed on this forum are problems that should have never made it to the released product. Have you noticed how many people have been asking for an aircraft load utility? There is still no load utility. I am not upset my this fact, however some are. Just remember that two previous developers released their product with a load utility when they were released. All the products from these two developers cost less than PSS does. What's wrong with this picture? Once again, it's about being better than the "other" developer. I agree that is still a game and there are limitations. The only reason people are asking about a load utility, autothrottles that work, an ILS tuner on the pedestal, fire handles that test, etc. is because someone has already developed it. It's not like these features are something brand new to the world of simulation. People have seen it elsewhere; they want to see it here as well. Thats life!You are wrong when it comes to critisism being unconstructive. There is such a thing as constructive critisism. If you take the critisim in a positive way and make improvements on the product, then you are now constructive. This post is in no way meant to tear PSS down; it's meant to make PSS aware of some problems so that appropriate action can be taken.I have seen some prior posts in which people get awfully defensive with critism. Get over it folks!! Leave the ego behind, take the critism and build upon it. You are expecting customers to remain "patient". Here is the bottom line: A lot of customers spent in excess of $50 for a product labelled "professional" that still has a lot of bugs, and doesn't feature as much as previous add ons do. The competition offers more features in their airplane for less money. Patience is not the issue here. It's about getting what you paid for.All things considered I would still classify the PSS 757/767 good payware as there are a lot of great points about the product. One quick note: Only those of us with real world experience on the airplane would be able to tell you what is realistic and what is not. This is why I asked the question in the previous post.

Monsieur De Lattre:I am glad to know that issues are still being looked into. I really like the 777 but was on the verge of giving up after trying everything and reading everything and flying the turorial numerous times. Considering the complexity of the aircraft I am sure your efforts should be appreciated and they are by me and some others I am sure.I am waiting patiently.Best RegardsRickCYHM

Hi all,here is one I believe we should do something about:aircraft rolling into the ground during autoland flare, have encountered it with PSS AB Pro, AB330, B773ER and now B752RR. I decided to document one, at LFPG rwy 8L, GW around 180,000Lb, airspeed VREF30 plus 8 steady, 12KT right crosswind component. The aircraft started rolling crossing 40 feet, aileron position indicator is maximum right, although I cannot confirm that is in fact the aileron position from the photo.Anyone care to comment please, thankscockpit.jpgtrail.jpg

Opher,Never seen this with any PSS aircraft. Does it happen with normal simulation rate as well?Cheers,S

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Guest Pro-Sim

I believe that's a FSUIPC issue - if you're using the very latest version of FSUIPC and having this problem, try removing it from your MODULES folder and placing an OLDER version in there.I find I have to use FSUIPC version 3.4.8 with the PSS Airbus Pro (A320) add-on..... with any newer version I get rogue A/P behaviour.Worth a try.

I've had this behavior twice now, as recently as last evening while landing at Dulles. THe autoland worked flawlessly down to about 50 feet when suddenly the 757 rolled sharply right. I immediately disconnected the AP and recovered to level flight bur ended up landing on the grass to the right of the runway. Weather was relatively benign at the time - not much crosswind (280 at 04 knots landing on runway 19L). I don't see this problem appearing anywhere elso on the forun though, and wondered if it might be a scenery issue (using Simflyer's KIAD scenery). I'll have to investigate further. This along with the hard landing under autoland - I've had up to -738 ft/min on the 757, would definitely put the aircraft into the shop in real life.bob Lyons

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.