Sign in to follow this  
garydpoole

Can the 757 Import fsnavigator Flightplans

HiI haven't purchased the 757 yet but i was wondering if it can import fsnavigator flightplans directly into the fmc ?Many ThanksGary

Guest pylon101

Yes, it can. That's I used to do: FS Nav - export to FS - import to FMS.There is an issue of VNAV DEC at the time: the flight plan imported to FMS ignores descent path.Will be fixed, I guess.

Hi Jim,>It can import any fs9 flightplan. Just save the plan as .pln>file in your Flight Simulator Files folder.I already did that for the B757 and the CDU does not find any ".pln" flight plans in the "Flights" folder. I have exported EURoute (http://www.euroutepro.com) and FSNav flight plans into FS2004 flight plans but it cannot find it. Should they be in any secondary folder, for example FlightsPSS*.pln?Thanks in advance.Cheers,Llu

Lluís del Cerro
VATSIM Senior Instructor

Catalonian Airlines

vatsim_5000h.png

Guest Knikolaes

Try this:After loading the route, select your departure and arrival runways and EXEC them. I do not use FSNavigator, so this is just theory, but this does work when i import plans I created in FS. FS .pln files only have waypoints, so when i load the plan it does not have a TOD or TOC, but when I connect in departure/arrival runways it seems to do the trick by forcing that to "refresh" the route as if it were just "created" in the FMC.

Guest NormanB

No since FS9 plans know nothing about SID/STARs

Hi,>Try this:>>After loading the route, select your departure and arrival>runways and EXEC them. I do not use FSNavigator, so this is>just theory, but this does work when i import plans I created>in FS. FS .pln files only have waypoints, so when i load the>plan it does not have a TOD or TOC, but when I connect in>departure/arrival runways it seems to do the trick by forcing>that to "refresh" the route as if it were just "created" in>the FMC.I am afraid but nothing works. I have tried to save it with and without dep/arr runways, change the folder, etc. My B757 FMC simply does not find the saved routes in *.pln format. It has the routes saved in its own format and the *.pln are now in the same folder but nothing. Any idea?This import feature would be very useful. The Airbus FMC has a powerful feature that saves a lot of time by introducing an airway, but in the B757 you must add all waypoints in it. If someone can help on where to place the *.pln files so that the B757 FMC can find them and I will save a lot of time programming.Thanks in advance,Llu

Lluís del Cerro
VATSIM Senior Instructor

Catalonian Airlines

vatsim_5000h.png

Guest Knikolaes

>OK, so I'll export without Sid/Star and add them manualy!>>Thanks That's what I do :-) I use both FS Commander and FSBuild and use that same method on them both. FSBuild just has the advantage of saving in PSS format for the Airbus series as well as a few other developers and their FMC's.

Guest Steve_Park

Lluis, I think you are looking in the wrong place. With the FMC on the route page you will see a "Route Request" under LSK3. After selecting it, you will get a list of flight plan's that are stored in the PSS/PLANS folder, however those are NOT the flight sim plans that FSNav export's. To see those, select LSK6 label "FS FPLANS". That will open up all your saved flight plans from your "Documents" folder, not your FS9 folder. Note: Some advanced addon's have a problem seeing the plan's if you have more that 512 plan's in your folder, so you may want to trim some old flight plan's out of there.There also may be a bug in the PSS CDU if it is looking for the Flight Sim folder and you are using a foreign version of Windows XP, where the files are not located at C:Documents and Settingsyour user nameMy DocumentsFlight Simulator Files.Steve Park

Lluis,Save the plan that you are exporting to the default flightplan folder for FS9: Flight Simulator Files, which should be a sub folder of My Documents. When you export the plan, open the box that the plan is being sent to and browse to you default Flight Simulator Files folder. The 757 will then be able to import the file from the RTE page, Route Request LSK.The image provided shows the Route Request on the RTE page. Ignore all the red arrows as it came from the manual.Regards,Jim Karnhttp://online.vatsimindicators.net/x/jdk2.pnghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/156419.jpg

Dear gents,Thanks to all, specially to Steve Park and Jim Karn who pointed out the initial step where to start searching.I have finally found it although it was not so easy. I am using a Catalan version of Windows and for many years I have been naming the generic "My Documents" folder with a personalised name and this was partially the reason of being lost.My suggestion to the PSS team to continue improving this great product is to add a couple of lines in any of the users manuals on the proper way of saving these exported flight plans and, of course, where to find them ;-).Again my most sincere thanks to all of you.Cheers,Llu

Lluís del Cerro
VATSIM Senior Instructor

Catalonian Airlines

vatsim_5000h.png

Guest Steve_Park

Lluis, Glad to be of help. I was just over browseing the FSBuild forum and Ernie say's that with update 2.3 (current is 2.2.2 beta) it will support the PSS 757 and 777 fms files so they will appear in the PSS plans folder and also have all the sid, star, and route data instead of all the "Direct" waypoint that Flight Simulator (and FSNav) export now. Says update should be out before FSX, so cross you fingers.Steve Park

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.