Sign in to follow this  
Jack C

TERR display

Its too bad this feature didnt work. PSS should have hooked up with reality XP and coded that TAWS system display (at least the terrain avoidance part) into the ND.

Guest The_Glideslope

What do you mean? It does work! I have Terrain display on the radar, works fine!

Really? What are you doing? Just turning the radar on, then using map mode or something? It says in the manual the TERR was not modelled.

Guest The_Glideslope

Well there's this TERR button in the EFIS panelIf I press it the terrain mesh seems to show up... correct me if i'm wrong here...

Weird. I press it and nothing shows up. We are talking abou the 757 right? Guess i should have stated that.Jack

Guest Knikolaes

Are you sure you are not seeing the weather? I never did get the terrain feature to work either.Chris

Guest NormanB

Terrain is not displayed in the ND. Whilst there is potential in the future for this, at this moment in time, this feature isnt modelled. I dont know of any FS Addon, aside from Project Magenta, which does this yet.

Guest The_Glideslope

OkSorry, but something does show up because I pressed it and some donut shaped images showed up... Perhaps I was wrong, but I was flying in a mountain area so I was induced to believe it workI appologise...

>Terrain is not displayed in the ND. >>Whilst there is potential in the future for this, at this>moment in time, this feature isnt modelled. I dont know of>any FS Addon, aside from Project Magenta, which does this yet.>Hi Norman,The Lago MD-82 Maddog has EGPWS, including terrain display on EFIS. Works very nicely and adds a lot to the simulation. It was added in one of the later patches. It is not integrated with the FS9 terrain mesh, and uses a large separate terrain database (about 700 MB) instead. Integration with FS9 would be preferable I think.There is a standalone TAWS FS9 add-on available but I have no idea how well it works, whether it could be made to look and perform like an airline EGPWS or be integrated with a sophisticated payware add-on.Note, the EGPWS (or TAWS) terrain display is not a radar image, but comes from a terrain database stored within the EGPWS, using GPS data to provide aircraft position, track and height relative to it.EGPWS is rapidly becoming essential (even mandatory) equipment on all airliners, so really should be part of any serious FS payware addon now, not just 'future potential'. I'd rather have EGPWS than WXR in a PC sim, given the choice.How about making PSS the second add-on provider offering EGPWS? Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

Sounds like ground clutter from the WXR. Not the same as an EGPWS terrain display.Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

The Stand alone TAWS that you are referring to works awesome. Very accurate. I can fly through the valleys in BC with zero visibility and not hit any hills.Jack

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.