Sign in to follow this  
Guest Water Mango

757 VC Autopilot lighting fix???

Guest Water Mango

I wonder how long it's going to take to get a definite answer on this one... Not that many people looking at this post (depressing), it might have been a waist of your time Dillon...

Guest NormanB

His post is barely an hour old.Dillon, I will try these figures in a few hours when I get to an FS PC.

Guest Water Mango

"I made a nice post about how I genuinely like the aircraft, but the only minor thing I could find was that cmd glareshield lighting at night; Not ONE reply from PSS"That's because there's very good chance they're not planning on fixing it...I'd keep your original post until we see the results in a patch or a confirmation that they will address this...

Roger Chris, the first patch for the 777 was indeed only internal code fixing (FDE and gauge - mainly), and nothing on the outside model or VC, except for the fixing of the hole in the VC, so yes, i do understand that there is a change of that but atleast lets give PSS a fighting change. The 757 has great potential.

Banner_eu_anthony.jpg

Guest Water Mango

O.K. Norman, what do you think of Dillon's edits above??? This thread is starting to get buried and we still have no confirmation that you guys plan on fixing the autopilot lighting...

Guest NormanB

>This thread is starting to get buried Buried but not forgotten.

Guest firehawk44

An excellent temporary fix Dillon. Your lighting adjustments work great. Thanks! I flew a flight from LAX to SFO in the dark earlier and could barely see any of the settings in the VC. I was going to come on this forum and make an "observation" but saw your fix and now I'm very happy. Best regards,JimYoung

Thanks Jim...I don't know if the PSS guys are planning on fixing this issue so I opted to find an interim solution. The only problem with what I did here is now you have serious light bleed through outside the aircraft. The price you have to pay to get the AP panel lite up enough to adjust the settings. Something is going to have to be done with that dome light so it doesn't bleed through once or if PSS fixes this issue. I'll let them better adjust the dome light because in their original version the dome light still blead through the nose when looking at the aircraft externally.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest firehawk44

"Something is going to have to be done with that dome light so it doesn't bleed through once or if PSS fixes this issue. I'll let them better adjust the dome light because in their original version the dome light still blead through the nose when looking at the aircraft externally."Dillon,I'm guessing you are talking about the nose of the aircraft being lit up at night? I found this on the 752 AA model (so far) and even turning off the dome lighting did not remove the lighting on the nose. Tonight I loaded another aircraft, the Boeing 752 and I was surprised the nose was not lit up like the AA model. I saw absolutely no bleeding on this aircraft. So it appears to be the paint job on the AA (and maybe others) that causes the appearance the cockpit lighting is bleeding through the aircraft when looking at it in spot view. Thanks again for your temporary light fix.Best regards,JimYoung

** Bump **For those that would like this info...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

>I'll let them>better adjust the dome light because in their original version>the dome light still blead through the nose when looking at>the aircraft externally.Yep Dillon notice that one too and that is a GMAX error ;-) and also some GMAX errors in the VC where you can look outside ;-)Andr

André

Dillon & Andre,I melded both your fixes and the VC lighting now works A OK with no bleed through into the nose in external view.As Andre pointed out, the AA "apparent" light in the nose seems to be a texture problem with the nose cone on the basic paint scheme - starting cold and dark it shows and there is no change as you power up the aircraft and bring the cockpit lights on.John Rooum

Guest NormanB

>that is a GMAX error ;-)>and also some GMAX errors in the VC where you can look outside>;-)Except we don't use GMAX :D

Guest firehawk44

Dillon, Andre Folkers posted a fix in another thread which really works for me and now I don't have the light bleeding through the nose of my AAL757 as I indicated earlier. His fix is slightly different than yours and fixes just the first two lines of lights as follows:light.1 = 7, 72.50, 1.5, 4.0, FX_PSS_Panel_lightlight.2 = 7, 72.50, -1.5, 4.0, FX_PSS_Panel_lightWhere it was 6.5 in your fix, his was shown as 4.0.Thanks again for your fix and brightening up the cockpit and thanks Andre for making the bleeding cockpit lighting go away on my AA.Best regards,Jim

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.