Sign in to follow this  
opherben

PSS 757 and PSS Support

Jon,your important product comments are all noted in time and handled properly by PSS. Just use a little patience and you will likely see results.

Well, I agreed with Jon. I'm too running out patience. I have been a PSS customer since their started, but I must admit the I just uninstalled the T7 and the brand new 757. They could at least say that they are aware of they have rushed the 757 through development to meet their customers and before release of FSX, but they aren't telling us how they progress and when we can expect some updates. I have prepaid too as soon it was possible, and I feel that I have been a beta tester together with all others, even without getting anything in advance.Must say that I just have bought Level-D's 767, and old product, but it rules.....Claus HansenCopenhagen

Regards

Claus

System : Varjo Aero,  Intel i9 14900K 5,1 Ghz OC, RTX4090 24 GB, 64 GB RAM, 2 X M2 1TB, FS2020

https://claus34.wixsite.com/737sim

https://flightsim.to/profile/chansen

Guest NormanB

The simple fact of the matter is thus:We do (try to) read every post. Just because we dont respond doesnt mean things are being ignored - far from it.In regards to FSX, most of the PSS team are beta testers for FSX so we have known for some time what can and cant work. Unlike other developers we are not intending to charge when we patch our FS2004 lineup for FSX.A bigger issue for us though has been the widespread (there is no other word for it) theft of our latest product and as to how we can combat that, if at all. Our longtime customers will know that we have stayed well clear of online activation as used by a number of other addon developers, knowing that many people do still have FS on a seperate PC not connected to the internet. For some members of the team, like myself, this is not a full time job. For others however it is so naturally it remains important to continue to listen. As stated though, a lack of reply doesnt mean we don't care - far from it. It means we are working at addressing any remaining issues, none of which I think anybody could truly call a show stopper.As soon as I or someone else can give a definitive answer we will. Until then, please excuse me, I have a whip to crack to ensure things happen.

Guest The_Glideslope

Thank you for your honest reply, Norman.Although I still feel your response is slow to the pointed problems I understand the reason and can perfectly see why these updates are slow to come out.I ask, then, if there's anything I can do to help, regarding my Beta testing experience so that you may release the current Beta Testers for FSX integration, please let me know.keep up the good work.

Jon,I am not a 757 pilot so cannot comment on your technical points on switchery etc. However, I was interested in your view of landing technique:"Neither one of the Artificial Horizon gauges is aligned with the forward point of view in the 2D view. Call this a professional "thingy" but I find this extremely important. I wouldn

Norman, my two cents: For quality products, in this world, and era of Internet and widespread communication, one simply must invest in bullet-proof copy protection. The famous Wrapper is not good enough. I would go to continuous online verification which includes client ip. This means that those with no Internet connection would have to change or lose. I am not sure they are a dominant market segment, but have no numbers. Whether to support hard copy distribution poses a question, but it could be overcome using the exact same ip crosscheck technique. There might be an issue to solve with mobile users. I would take action now against existing violators, using a smart intricate way to disable stolen products. Their ability to pinpoint the reason is limited. Lastly, I'd use one open forum and close the support forums for users only. For quality products, the market would endure all these and pay the price willingly.>A bigger issue for us though has been the widespread (there is>no other word for it) theft of our latest product and as to>how we can combat that, if at all. Our longtime customers>will know that we have stayed well clear of online activation>as used by a number of other addon developers, knowing that>many people do still have FS on a seperate PC not connected to>the internet.

Guest fglette

FOD,Do you fly any real planes? In case you don't here is a few things to consider:You need to keep oranges and apples separate. Do not assume that instruments have to be aligned with the line of sight/forward point of view in the cockpit.You need to decide whether you're flying visual or by instrument. You can't mix because the flying technique differs quite a bit.If you fly visually then your references are the world OUTSIDE the cockpit, e.g. the real horizon and other references. You do NOT use the instruments as your primary information source. You only scan the instruments from time to time to confirm what your OUTSIDE references are telling you, like is the plane pitched correctly to maintain the desired airspeed, is the bank angle correct etc. But againg the primary reference is the OUTSIDE world.If you fly on instruments (IFR) then you ONLY use the instruments and you do not use the outside world as reference. Under instrument flight you fly the little airplane on the AH using the same principles as visual flight (pitch, bank etc,), but you only rely on information from the instruments, not what you can actually see. My point is that the aligment of instruments in relation to the line of sight/point of view is irrelevant because you choose to rely on EITHER visual or instrument references. In visual flight your Mark 1 eyeball tells you if you're aligned or not. In instrument conditions the bars on the AH/HSI etc. tell if you're correctly aligned. This is evident in some FS2004 aircraft where the IFR panels don't have any outside views, because you do need it. The instruments tell it all!Keep in mind that airliners like the 757 are primarily designed to be flown on instruments. Visual flights is a nice-to-have option in these planes. When large airliners are so called "hand-flown", the pilot still flies it on the instruments, but the autopilot does not control the plane. Hand-flown does not neccesarily mean the pilot is flying visually. To try some realistic 757 hand flight, then activate the Flight Director (leave the autopilot off) and follow the FD ques on the AH. The FD and autopilot are separate systems and the FD will provide information on the instruments to help you go where you want. Manual flight using the FD actually makes it a breeze to pilot a modern airliner.To make a long story short. Decide if you're flying visually or by instrument. Don't mix - you'll end up in trouble sooner or later!Remember: Keep the airspeed up, greasy side down and pointy end forward!Good luck,Fredrik

Fredrik,I suspect that your post was not really addressed at me:"Do not assume that instruments have to be aligned with the line of sight/forward point of view in the cockpit."Exactly the point I was making in my original post that was only half sent.Also, I have 35 years experience flying on instruments and visually including several years teaching other pilots to fly instruments - so I have to say that I agree totally with everything else that you say in your post.Best WishesJohn

Jon,Sorry about my last post - I started that response on the thread; decided it was going to be too long, so went into notepad to do some sensible drafting. Unfortunately half was posted by mistake - finger trouble - hence my lack of a signature. In the end I would not have posted anyway as I then saw Norman had responded. I have just spent a couple of hours on another system looking at another reported problem but have now seen your very understandable response.Do agree your last point - to my knowledge there are at least 4 fixes around which would be very difficult for a newcomer to find and incorporate.Again, my apologies, perhaps one day we could share a beer and compare flying/simulator experiences together.Best WishesJohn Rooum

Guest The_Glideslope

Hello againI must protest by the lack of importance given to my posts and emails. As I post in ANY forum, I usually get replies to whether or not my opinions/analysis are valuable or accurate. I don't mean that every time I post I get direct results out of what I comment, but I NEVER got silence in my threads if they are useful, as mine are, related to the 757.I find your silence a demonstration of not caring at what some of the buyers think, who actually paid money for this and didn

Guest The_Glideslope

GentsI had another bug I would like someone to confirm it.The landing Gears apparently have no shadow, could someone confirm this? Could be my Video Board.

Guest fglette

Hi John,Thanks for your response! I'm glad at least someone read my post. You're right, my post was meant as a clarification for simmers that do not fly "live" aircraft. It's easy for anyone that hasn't received proper flight training to fall into the trap of mixing visual and instrument flight techniques.I see you have flown about 33 years longer than I have so I'm very glad you agree with my explanation of the visual vs instrument flying. I'm always attentive to the advice of a fellow aviatior with more experience than myself!Thanks again and best wishes,Fredrik

Guest stevieiz

I have a problem with the PSS 757, the HSI and the NAV efis dont appear. Is there a switch or something which im not seeing to turn these on?Thanks

Did you align the IRS?Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

>A bigger issue for us though has been the widespread (there is>no other word for it) theft of our latest product and as to>how we can combat that, if at all. Our longtime customers>will know that we have stayed well clear of online activation>as used by a number of other addon developers, knowing that>many people do still have FS on a seperate PC not connected to>the internet.Hi PSS team,Do you know actually know that your product is being widely pirated or is it just that sales are a bit slow? There will always be sites whom put illegal copies up and of course people who download such materials.However I also think that many of us still actually purchase these products even though they are 'freely' available because we know that it's these funds that make keep companies like PSS going.If you have noticed a major difference in sales compared with the PSS777 I would urge you to consider another point of view which may or may not be accurate. However it is my opinion that some people may be less inclined to purchase the 757 straight away after the 777.I myself am waiting to see what the 757 turns out like and to get some reviews before making my purchasing decision. I remember the hype of the 777 and prepurchased without reserve. However after the debacle of the 777 release I decided to wait and see what the 757 would be like. It seems however (from a non-owner point of view) that both releases have a lot in common in terms of a pretty bad release process and a few slips of some major bugs. However your doing your best to fix them and that's all that we can ask (apart from a better testing program...:))Anyway even though piracy might have been a big factor in your sales so far it may also seem worse than it really is at the moment whilst people like myself hold their purchase off whilst we wait for reviews.RegardsJeremyP.S And before that Jtweng or whatever his name hijacks this thread YES piracy is bad and NO I don't condone it.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.