Sign in to follow this  
Guest franksalot

PSS 777 - Radio Frequency Problem

Guest franksalot

I'm well pleased with the Patched B777.I was just about to start my first Online flight, parked at EGKK, all I needed to do was contact EGKK_Ground; but found that I was unable to set a frequency. The Frequency Control knob worked a treat, I could spind it quite fast :); only problem I had was that the Frequency didn't change? Now I would bet a quid that there is something I have overlooked!I would appreciate some help, please. Everything else works fine.KenBAW88Somerset, England

Guest NormanB

Ken,Should you have taken this bird into the air you would have experienced other issues. This is classic MSFS Flat Battery.Please ensure to start from the default flight with avionics and master switch to on.

Guest franksalot

Hello Norman,Thanks for your quick reply. I do start with the Default flight, as I did with the PSS Airbus Series. But!! then, with the Cessna loaded, I switch off the engine, battery and avionics, so in future I'll just stop the engine.Best regards,Ken

Guest franksalot

Hi Norman,Yep, that worked. However, I've two more problems :) 1. Cannot get the Frequency Changer to move in single digits e.g. I need EGKK_Twr on 124.22 - but I get either 124.225 or 124.20 - not earth shattering, because I do get the Controller. 2. this one is serious, having got my frequecy the Transponder flicks up to 'Charlie' instead of staying at 'Standby' - this is bad news for a BAW Pilot :) because it's driving the Controller barmy! I'm not sure if these problems are directly related to the Frequency or not. Have you any ideas?Ken

Guest franksalot

I have confirmed that the 'Squawk Charlie' problem is not related to Radio Frequencies. Maybe due to no Com2?Ken

Guest NormanB

Ken,The *real* frequency is 3 digits after the decimal. In the UK controllers are now using all three as per CAP413. On VATSIM I know that owing to the limitations of FS (namely that there are many who can only tune to two digits) it has been decided to use only the first two, hence you are seeing the controller on .22 - all of the pilot clients understand this limitation.Mode C - easy one. See the transponder on the 757's panel? It controls the transponder in SB3. Set it to sby and all your issues about driving the controller barmy will go away.

Guest NormanB

>Maybe due to no Com2?There is a com2 :)On the pedestal look at the radio box where you will see by default a green light. This indicates Com1. Now look to the right. The next light is not illuminated but if you press it it changes and makes com2 now active.Want to rx / tx on one and rx on another? No problem also.From L-R we have:Com1 only | Com2 only | RX on both, TX on com1 | RX on both, TX on com2http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/156015.jpg

Guest franksalot

Hi Norman,Thank you for your reply.Err, it's the B777 that I was having the problem with :) (notice past tense). I don't yet have the B757, I'll get that after I've mastered the B777.The problem I had with 'Squawk Charlie' is now sorted; I had not correctly set the Radio Stack switch to Standby! These PSS Aircraft are getting too much like the real thing.You are doing a great job, but I don't envy you at all, far too heavy workload! :)Regards,Ken

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.