Sign in to follow this  
opherben

Suggestion for Aircraft Update Status Format

Hi,I made a similar suggestion when the B777 first came out, to pin a forum message containig a PSS-managed list of open issues. Each would show a status: noted, confirmed, fix incorporated in next issue, fix to be incorporated, unconfirmed. It would give immediate feedback to people who file reports, current and future customers, on the ongoing activity. PSS would get more appreciation, less chatter and better focused support from more satisfied users, who currently are really sort of beta testers, and future buyers too.

Hello PSS,I posted the attached 4 weeks ago, suggesting to keep a useful two-way discussion, which PSS had established by running a support forum. I believe it would best serve its purpose for all while open, active and transparent info is shared. Otherwise, no matter what effort is put into fixing reported issues, a long time passes till fixes are posted, and therefore many aircraft owners feel ignored. It is more than just a business courtesy to respond, and my suggestion could save PSS the need to respond to posts individually, while providing status almost effortlessly, which is readily available inhouse. Look at what Victor is doing at FT and how well it is received, regardless of whether their programmers can make an aircraft fly a programmed route...Thank you!>Hi,>I made a similar suggestion when the B777 first came out, to>pin a forum message containig a PSS-managed list of open>issues. Each would show a status: noted, confirmed, fix>incorporated in next issue, fix to be incorporated,>unconfirmed. It would give immediate feedback to people who>file reports, current and future customers, on the ongoing>activity. PSS would get more appreciation, less chatter and>better focused support from more satisfied users, who>currently are really sort of beta testers, and future buyers>too.

I made a similar suggestion about the 757 snags on the pinned 757 issues thread, which was ignored too. I think your idea is excellent and would give everybody a much more positive view of PSS Support. Certainly better visibility of the status of snags.If you knew that a particular observation had been noted, was under investigation or had a fix planned for the next patch there would be no need to keep reporting it.As it stands most snag reports get ignored except by other users who have noticed the same. It appears that PSS only post if a quick work around can be offered, leading to the impression that no answer from PSS means that the snag is going to be left as is. I'm sure this isn't really the case, but that is how it appears at the moment. This forum has become mostly a self-help group. ;)I realise PSS are having their own problems at present with internet access for some staff, hopefully when/if this improves we shall see more dynamic responses.So please, PSS, can we at least be told which reported snags are to be addressed and which are outside the scope of the product (on 777 and 757) so we can leave you in peace to get on with the next patch.Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.