Sign in to follow this  
adamant365

Winglet vs. No Winglet Models

Hello, Here's kind of a stupid question. If I wanted to use a texture from an aircraft with winglets, will it work with the non-winglet models? The reason I ask is because I would like to fly some non-winglet Continental flights as not all of their 75's are wingletted yet and the liveries that come with the package don't include a non-winglet version for COA. I'm assuming that as long as the Aircraft.cfg is modified carefully, it will work. Anyone else? Thanks...-adam

Guest NormanB

The COA livery works on both the winglet and non winglet versions.Im not at home right now so cant say if it was included but if not then that one is down to me :(

I didn't see the AA planes w/ winglets as advertised ? Carlos

Guest bjjones

If you want a winglet livery with a non winglet model of visa versa, change the cfg entry for the livery, change model=o for example to model=ow.AA winglets are there but I think theres an error in the install process, again open the aircraft.cfg and off the top of my head, I think the winglet entry is looking for a texture folder called texture.AAL_N192AA, that should be changed to texture.AAL_N192AN.

Thanks all!! Just wanted confirmation that I wasn't going to screw anything up. -adam

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.