Sign in to follow this  
huntr

Frame rates with 757

Is there any progress with the frame rates problem which some of us are having? On my Dell XPS, which is well tuned for FS9 I have between 5-7 fps with the PSS 757 which makes it unflyable and with, for example the Level D-767 between 25-28 fps. Any advice would be appreciatedRichardCYHM

Guest Knikolaes

Convert to DXT3. It helps a lot :-) I know that is not the answer you are looking for, but it made a HUGE difference on my system and there is NO quality difference between DXT3 and 32 Bit -- on my system anyway.

Guest NormanB

Like many products, the 757 is right up to the polygon limit in FS9. Using the setup panel, check under performance where typically most users have the gauge refresh set to 4 or 6. Another issue is that some users have a file in their modules folder from a freeware plane called dsd_xml_tcas.dll and appears to be activated even though the plane it is meant for isnt active. Users have reported very good frame rates without this file which of course isnt needed by the 757.

Opposite way round for me, LDS is dire on frame rates and PSS (all products bar PSS 330/340) are superb and my system isn't that great...Graham

Thanks Graham but there is no problem with PSS aircraft in general - they are all giving over 20 fps - it is ONLY the 757 that seems to be a problem in all views and even at altitude with clear skies!

Thanks NormanI have just checked and this file is in there - do you happen to know what the AlwaysOn= should be?? Mine is set at 0In any event I will try without this later todayAppreciate your help

Guest Knikolaes

dsd_xml_tcas.dll I do not have that file, but out of curiosity -- what add-on uses/installs that file so i know not to use it in the future or to keep an eye for it during installs?

Guest NormanB

>Thanks Norman>I have just checked and this file is in there - do you happen>to know what the AlwaysOn= should be?? Mine is set at 0>In any event I will try without this later today>Appreciate your help>Richard,Are you saying there is an ini file with it that has an entry alwayson=?If so I would be inclined to append it with a zero or no and see what happens. Clearly this dll appears to load even though the panel it is packed with isnt being used.

Hi NormanIt has a config file and mine had AlwaysOn=0Just for interest I just remnamed it and it made no difference and converting the aircraft to mipmaps did not make more than a 2 fps difference at altitudeThanks for your ongoing consideration

Guest TRK3586

If I load up the 757 from spot view, I have around 20 FPS...the second I step into the cockpit, I'm down to 5-13. My panel refresh rates have been as low as 2 with no help. I do not have the TCAS module. There's something in that panel that must be conflicting with something. Are those with framerate problems using DBS Walk and Follow? I look to that first a lot of times, because that seems to cause some conflicts at times.

Lowering the refresh rate in SETUP and converting ALL of the VC textures to DXT did it for me. I also have a Dell XPS, with high-end specs. I am just about getting frame rates comparable to my Level-D 767.Regards,http://www.my-buddy-icon.com/Icons/objects/red_3d_plane.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Guest Knikolaes

I dunno about the walk-and-follow, but I am running the full 18 refresh rate with a VERy crappy graphics card just by converting those textures to DXT3 :-) A lot of folks are looking to the gauges for FPS issues, and frankly so was I, but i proved myself wrong on that aspect when i did the DXT3 conversion and then turned my gauges up to max on refresh. Now I get the same performance as I do the T7, and my other developer prides of 744, 737NGs and 767.Wow . . . I just realized -- it's official -- with this 757 my Boeing fleet is complete until a 787 of this same quality comes about :-)

Thanks for the further comments but none of the suggestions has worked so far. I think this is unique to the 757. When i switch aircraft from the PSS 757 at altitude with 7-9 fps to the PSS 777 I get over 30 fps. So hope that someone can identify the culprit in the software! Until then it's parked!

Guest TRK3586

Same here...also parked in the hangar until this is figured out

Guest Segwin

>I dunno about the walk-and-follow, but I am running the full>18 refresh rate with a VERy crappy graphics card just by>converting those textures to DXT3 :-) A lot of folks are>looking to the gauges for FPS issues, and frankly so was I,>but i proved myself wrong on that aspect when i did the DXT3>conversion and then turned my gauges up to max on refresh. >Now I get the same performance as I do the T7, and my other>developer prides of 744, 737NGs and 767.>>Wow . . . I just realized -- it's official -- with this 757 my>Boeing fleet is complete until a 787 of this same quality>comes about :-)Do you have the name of the file for the DXT3 converter?TIA

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.