Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rdworniczek

autoland = hard landing ?!?

Guest Rdworniczek

I would be curious about this as well. The hard landings (400 to 600 fpm) occur in both the 757 and 777.:-) Rick

>I would be curious about this as well. The hard landings (400>to 600 fpm) occur in both the 757 and 777.:-) >>RickSame here, 757, 777, the latter with the most recent installer and patch (2.1) installed. Nice approach, stable to threshold, but no round-out or even minimal flare; either three-point landing or even slightly nose first in some cases.Dave

Dave Skuback - KBLM

'Cause down the shore everything's all right

Hello,I use all the time FS Passengers, and I like to land with autoland and I would like to know if it's normal that the 757 land all the time with more than -500ftm (monitored by FS Passengers)...Normaly, with other addons, the autoland are "all the time" with kiss landinf ~-150fts minAny tips to land well (kiss) in autoland?PS : All runways used are CATIII and I can read LAND3 on the main panel.Best regards,

This has been a recurring theme from FS Passenger users with the 777/757 and there are several long threads discussing various landing techniques.Of interest in 2 autolands yesterday, the 757 touched down as the rod was reducing through 350 fpm and, generally, both from internal and external views these landing neither looked or felt "hard".In addition, I am sure that if necessary the developers could programme the autoland touchdown however they wanted. In practice I suspect that the developers are trying to achieve a realistic landing with a balance between the advocates of a "greaser" and the advocates of a firm touchdown - and there are many of both.I do not use FS Passengers, but in autoland it seems that FS Pax is assessing what the developers have decided - not the pilots ability. So, perhaps the best option when using FS Pax is a manual landing.John Rooum

I have not noticed any flare upon landing with the Autolanding feature on. I'd like to see a fix for this in both the T7 and 57.Regards.

Hi Ken,757 - 300 PW NWA landing at KLAX, figures off the VSI and AH :Steady on the gp - pitch = + 21/2 degrees, VS = 700 fpmAt 50 ft pitch = 21/2 deg VS = 600 fpmAt 20 ft pitch = 3 deg VS = 500 fpmAt 10 ft pitch = 31/2 deg VS = 400 fpmAt est 5 ft VS = 350 fpmAt ?? but wheels still airborne VS = 250 fpm.So there is a flare - but a very small one and obviously not enough for FS Passengers settings.Airborne in the 777 at the moment - I'll see what that does on the landing. But in the end, it is real world 7xx series pilots who will adviseJohn Rooum

I noticed in the .air file that the ground effect isn't very pronounced. Even when flying a manual landing it seems this bird requires just a little bit more flair than a typical Boering twin-jet would. Maybe Rob can take a look at bumping the ground effect at critical altitude above ground.Right now the CL looks to be sitting at about 1.2 Have him try 1.2 or something around there. That should be a positive touch.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.