Sign in to follow this  
Guest sb55mv

Question about Winglet and Non Winglet versions.

Guest sb55mv

Hi All,I saw the post that Norman replied to about something similar, but wanted to start a new one as my question is type specific.I have quite a few liveries installed, but, what are the lines of text that needed to be added to a .cfg file to have a Winglet aircraft instead of non-winglet.for example, I have the BA livery, and I know it's not got winglets, but what would I need to add to the .cfg file to make it use winglets, and what would happen to the aircraft look, ie, would it just be the livery as normal, but with white winglets, if this is the case, then I am quite prepared to have it look like that.I know it might seem a bit weird to some, but I just want to do this and see what happens.Thanks for any info.

Guest bjjones

Find the entry that relates to the livery in the aircraft cfg, and find the 'model=', usually 4th (ish) line down in each entry.if it's model=o, change that to model=ow, if it's model=h, change it to model=hw, etcCheck the aircraft folder, folders with a w, are wingletted.The appearence on the model wont be too bad, all the liveries have the winglet texture there, painted in a plain grey stylie, it's just not used unless the model specifies.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.