Sign in to follow this  
clayton4115

first test flight using SP2

hi alli decided to once again try the 777 using SP2. Decided to do a test flight from YBBN to YSSY departing runway 01 on the LAV4 SID.Took off and the first way point the 777 did not intercept, instead of making a right turn south it kept going straight ahead on its merry way, i had to manually turn by disengaging the LNAV and then turning the plane using Heading 160 to track LAV VORbesides this the plane climbed at very acceptable 1000-2000 fpm, descent was quite good as well, no major problems on the initial 4000-5000 fpm after the t/d but then it calms down to 2000fpm,also on takeoff purposely put flap down instead of up but the plane kept climbing which is good, good to see this problem fixed,as it was dark i had the Dome lights on and flying in VC, however after 5 minutes, blackness, the lights went off! i went into 2D cockpit and the lights were on there, so i dont know how the lights went off in VC mode.Did not get time to land in sydney on 16L using ILS will try that sometime soon.however besides the above quirks it seems a better plane to fly but i still have to fly it more to give a definate answer on how SP2 has improved the PSS 777.On a side note the frame rates in VC were fine and i didn't have any frame rate problems, infact its alot better than the 737NG which i fly with 100% of the time.

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Guest Phoenix5

"YBBN to YSSY departing runway 01 on the LAV4 SID.Took off and the first way point the 777 did not intercept, instead of making a right turn south it kept going straight ahead on its merry way, i had to manually turn by disengaging the LNAV and then turning the plane using Heading 160 to track LAV VOR"LAV6 is the correct departure procedure, maybe the old LAV4 you are using is corrupt?

no i dont think so,this happened pre SP2 whether its LAV1 2 3 4 or 5 its the same problem.

Steven,I noticed it also. Very weird, and I have no idea what's causing it. It never happened before installing the 57 for me. Sorry I wasn't more scientific.Both birds are really neat IMO, I just thought I'd mention it, as another party really quick here for yas'.The other stuff I know you're working on already.Congrats on the release guys!

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

another issue i foundfrom VC that when you complete your plan preparation in the FMC the

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.