Sign in to follow this  
Guest thewizardut

My Opinion 757 The ins and outs of it!

Hello everyone! My name is Michael Gallagher and I've been in the flight simulation community as a virtual pilot (not real world) now for nearly 7 years. I have bought many and I mean many add-on's from various payware developers all over the world. After reading many of the posts in this forum I can't help but notice that there are many posts on the problems that people are having with frame rates, fuctionality, and just about anything else with your purchased product from PSS. I would like to also let you know that I am like anyone else in this forum spending my hard earned money for a product I would expect to work on release. Most people get excited with an up and coming new release especially with hype and screen shots going wow I got to have it! I am one of those people and I like being that way because I am fanatic about flight simulation. Don't get me wrong, I like things I pay for to work perfect "out-of-the box" but back down to reality things don't work that way even for the big so called software developers! Please this is a plea from a dedicated customer and big fan of PSS products please follow there basic guidelines when you have a problem with there software posted in the main topics of PSS support forums. Here is how I myself go about getting support before I get hot and bothered about something:1. READ THE MANUALS THAT COME WITH THE PRODUCT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!2. DO THE TUTORIAL FLIGHT INCLUDED WITH THE PRODUCT!!!!!3. Remember everyone's systems are different not the same (Even the beta testers systems)4. With noted statement above check your system specs before you buy the product that they at least meet the minimum specs for the add-on product that you are about to purchase!5. Repeat the steps again above so that you can identify the problem each time it happens.6. Try diffrent settings from the manuals or suggestions in these forums.7. Have paper and pencil ready to write down the circumstances of the problem when it accures such as, other add-ons used not PSS and sceneries ect. Ok with that off my chest, I have done now at least 4 complete flights with the product an have had a few minor issues with it. My issues have been:1. At first thought Autoland was messed up but as for posts in this forum Active Sky was used and I had the Wake Turbulance effect on and caused the plane to roll to the right or left rapidly. Turning this feature off in Active Sky 6 solved that problem.2. On Autoland at about 50ft AGL when "FLARE" on the PFD supposed to flare the plane it doesn't really flare all that much. I could be wrong but it doesn't seem like it. Now this is with a Vref+5 cdu config and everything done as the manual and tutorial state to do! If you notice that you are config on approach is correct the plane is already about 3-4 degrees up!3. As far as the frame rate problem I haven't hade a single one thier in VC or in the 2D cockpit. As my Refresh Rate settings are set as people in this forum have sugested at 6. I just did a flight yesterday and running at a average frame rate of 15-18 and thats in the VC with the 2D around and Average of 20-25. Again with this problem it's system specific you need to have a system of capable of running the add-on. Yes some programing can be and issue of this but again most likely it's your system settings add-ons and a miraiad of there things that can cause a slow down in any FS ADD-ON! My system specs are at the bottom of the post. Ok now that I have spilled my guts out about my thoughts and opinions. I would like to thank the PSS Developers for there hard work and to extend this thanks to there Family's that put up with them working on the add-on! Add-On developemnt is hard work and time consuming not only that it takes heart felt dedication! Ok Now WHERE'S my load-editor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (JUST KIDDING) TAKE YOUR TIME I WANT IT TO BE RIGHT!Michael GallagherProud PSS Supporter!SYSTEM SPECSHP a1483W PC with:AMD 64 X2 4200+2.0 GB PC3200 RAMGeforce 6150LE Grapics card (ON BOARD)Using Nvidia 91.47 Drivers from Nvidia SiteRealTech Audio (ON BOARD)Saitek ST290 Pro JoystickWindows Media Center Edition 2005 with Rollup 2

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

HiI agree with almost all points and I like the PSS 757 (great aircraft to fly).But on the PSS web site, under PSS757 page one can read:"Contains 3x Aircraft models with 80 professionally painted liveries, Fully Featured Panel, Sound Set, setup and load edit utilities and more"This text about load edit utilities is not fair, don't you think? I thought that there will be load editor + fuel planner (we had it with for example PSSA330/340) with PSS757. After first installation I thought that maybe something went wrong with installer during download and fuel planner and load editor is missing because of that. Later I read on PSS forum about it and now I know, that fuel planner is not ready (something has broken just before release). Well ok, that is fine but couldn't someone write on the PSS web page something like that: "fuel planner and load editor are still to come" ?Best RegardsBartek

Bartek,The utilities did get broken before the package but the delay since was initially server load and then some fixes to protect us a little from those who have pirated the 757.Im pretty good to go albeit away from home for the next 24 hours.

Thanks Norman! AGAIN AS I SAID TAKE YOUR TIME! It's worth the wait!Michael Gallagherthewizardut

Sign in to follow this