Sign in to follow this  
jport1

Possible Air File Corrupt

Hello, I have been flying your aircraft since it came out, understanding and dealing with the current bugs for now. However, it just recently stopped flying. What I mean by that is that the aircraft works as usual but on take off now it accellerates up to and past rotation speed but will not lift off the runway. I have tried everything short of digging into the airfile, I believe. I am not qualified to be tinkering there so I stay away.I hope that I am doing something wrong with loads but I am flying with the same load distributions, which are unbalanced no matter what cargo weight I put on, CG is always way forward. I have tried with no passenger weight, no cargo weight, etc. Still will not lift off. yes, I run FsP, AS6, FSFlight Keeper etc, but all of these worked fine together, until I hot key programmed Goflight controls to the MCP, lights etc. Ever since then the plane simply won't go airborne, or just won't fly. (maybe I programmed a "no fly" key by accident : ) )Any suggestions and help much appreciated. All I can think may remain is that the air file or config file corrupted. I fly the Delta livery that I downloaded here at Phoenix. Thanks in advance,Joe

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It's almost certainly not an airfile issue.Where is your trim set before takeoff? If it's too far fwd, the plane won't rotate as you describe. If the default A/P is engaged from a previous flight (as loaded from the last.flt file) it might be running your trim on you.The other possibility is a bad setting in FSUIPC that's causing the elevator axis to be disconnected. A surefire way to fix that is to delete the FSUIPC.INI file from the modules folder and let it build a new one the next time it loads.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

Thanks Bob, probably not an airfile or config issue, at least I hope. As far as trim, I set it according to calculations in the FMC based on CG. Typically the setting is mid range for me on takeoff, and didn't have a problem before. I can certainly try deleting the fsuipc.ini file, will I lose all my button programming that I did in FSUIPC?BTW, the aircraft does rotate just fine. It just will not leave the pavement.Thanks again,Joe

OK, I thought you meant it wouldn't rotate.In that case I'd check to see you haven't somehow switched to kilos rather than lbs in your loader and have the jet grossly overloaded. And of course that takeoff flaps are properly set.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

Thanks again Bob, I have not checked my Load Configuration yet, but will do. I did backup my FSUIPC.ini and let it build another one. Then I compared the two against each other and looked for control surface or power related settings in the ini. I found a couple of strange settings for throttles and airlerons, Deleted those, copied back my file as the ini which had all of my goflight programming script and, well, I got it off the ground at least this once. I will keep my fingers crossed and hope this cures it.I will let you know if I have more problems with it.Thanks again.Joe