Sign in to follow this  
clayton4115

procedure for manual landing 777

hi allcan anyone tell me the procedure for manually landing the 777 from 500', what i do isdisengage the FDthendiengage the APthen let the bird glide down while making small adjustments to keep in on the centrelinethen at 50' i disengage the AutoThrottle buthowever at this stage the plane seems to 'float' for a fair while till ive used up alot of runway.any tips?

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Guest FlyinJ

Clayton,First, check your final approach speed. The proper speed should be displayed on the speed tape if you have selected it beforehand using the FMC. VREF+5 is typical. If you've disengaged the AutoThrottles at 50', they will not automatically retard, so you'll also need to make sure you retard/close the throttles at 20'. You should then add just a little flare to keep the nose from dropping and the bird will settle onto the runway shortly thereafter.Hope this helps,Jeff

thanks, i am at Vref at 500' and thats where i disengage the AP and F/D then around 50'i disengage the A/Tonce i disengage the A/T the speed should still be constant shouldnt it? unless i interven with increase throttle or idle it with my joystick?

Guest skybo120

woah woah noooo....dont disengage the FD....theres no reason to, it will give you cues all the way down to the flare...that is if your flying a precision approach...i can only think of one case in the real world I know of where the F/O turned off the FD on approach, simply because he wanted to make it more of a challenge....and dont disengage the autothrottles either...they will automatically retard...and once you engage reverse thrust, they automatically switch off...there is no reason to disengage it manually...and in the case of a go around, all you would have to do is hit TOGA and power is taken care of for you...just disengage the autopilot and your fine...Jeff is correct on the VREF+5, and like he said, just let her settle on the runway with an attitude of about 3-4 degrees nose up...Brian

oh thanks Briansome great tips there! must change my landing techniques!!

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.