Sign in to follow this  
Guest NormanB

Loadeditor and Fuelplanner

Any news for the loadeditor and fuelplanner? It's been almost 3 weeks. However, it hasn't kept me from flying the 757.

John K

Guest Chris Smith

Yes any news? This is a rediculous delay PSS

PSS Team:I think you guys have a lot of talent but I just have to wonder about decisions like this. I think the decision to put anti-piracy into the Load / Fuel planner but not in the main product is as "interesting" as the 777 with all doors that open as once.I have to agree with a post above...why would any pirate care if the load planner cannot be used when they can fly a pirated full aircraft and liveries?This would be analogous to Microsoft releasing Vista but putting antipiracy on Notepad! WHO in the WORLD would that deter from pirating the software?Guys, you know the FS community. Many are sticklers for details and while the planner may seem like an insignificant part of the product...it WAS promised as part of the product. Releasing it months after the product has been released ain't cool.Just my 1 cent worth.

Guest bommel

expect the unexpected? what do you expect? Loadeditor and Co, incl. with the delivery of the 57? Are you joking? Keep cool and wait. If you want those now, or between the next 3 months, choise other products of the market or enjoy the silence here.......regardsPeter

I have to agree with Mike T. It is like buying a DVD with a bonus features disc but finding out that the bonus disc isnt in the box when you get it home. I'm sure we would all be going back to the shop asap to ask for the disc because it was part of the product you paid for no mattter how much you actually want a bonus disc. I would be annoyed if the shop told me I couldnt have the disc for 3 weeks plus.Just my opinion though.Andy S

Guest NormanB

Mike,The changes I have made require changes in other elements of the product I dont yet have source code for.

Guest Chris Smith

Hey Peter,It has been 3-4 weeks after throwing 40ish dollars at this. Its a simple load editor. The product is still incomplete. I will not keep cool and wait. Who is the person at PSS in charge of making the load editor? Why cant we get a direct response from him on the progress? I love the motto of keeping the customer in the dark. This is no way to run a business.Chris (It seems after the PSS A320 this organization has lost its way)

Guest NormanB

Chris,>Who is the person at PSS in charge of making the load editor?>Why cant we get a direct response from him on the progress? I think that would be me but then you would have known that from my replies elsewhere on this forum giving a direct response. I have an email address linked below - feel free to use it should you wish to have a personalised reply.

Guest natej00

>Guys, you know the FS community. Many are sticklers for>details and while the planner may seem like an insignificant>part of the product...it WAS promised as part of the product. >Releasing it months after the product has been released ain't>cool. I agree with this poster. What exactly is the delay? Those of us that purchased it could always go back to our credit card companies and request a refund because the product was not as described. It is even listed right now as one of the features when you buy the product, but yet it lacks this item. :-hmmm Could we please get a firm answer as to what is going on and when to expect it, because as the other poster said, this ain't cool.(I am sure I am going to get flamed for this, but to a certain extent enough is enough...Time for answers...We are your customers)Nate J

Guest GW Norris

I agree with all the posters that are upset about the Load Editor taking this long to deliver. It has been 1 month since the release of the 757. There is always some excuse as to why it's not out yet and all the excuses have holes in them. Anti piracy - PSS should have thought of that one well before the release of the airplane. Why worry about it now if the airplane has already been pirated. Seems to me the notion of preventing pirated airplanes of having a load editor is like a child saying "Ns Na Na Na Na" You can't have this.Don't have the Code you need to complete it- Well now thats the lamest excuse of all of them. You expect us to believe that no one in all of PSS knows where it is. And If the guy that has it is hiding it, he needs to be fired. In this day of modern communications technology, someone being on vacation is no excuse. I wish I could afford a months vacation. It seems kinda funny that a week after releasing this aircraft, Everyone goes on vacation for a month, and leave no word as to how to get in touch with them.Actions speak louder than words, PSS's actions have spoken volumes about how much they really care about the customer. You can say all day long how much you value the customer, but your actions say the opposite.Just my opinion, at least I waited 1 month, which I feel is ample enough time to deliver a product that I paid for in good faith that the entire product would be delivered. Whether it's needed to fly the airplane or not is irrelavant.Gary

Guest icywings

I found this great web site about the 757 and thought that it may give some of us a little more information about the aircraft. It covers Abnormal Procedures, Limitations, Systems, Normal Procedures, Specifications, etc... I found it interesting to look through. Some of you may love it and some of you may already know everything on the web site. I thought it was related to this topic as there may be some info about fuel flows and capacity's on the web site. I haven't had time to read through it all, but thought it would be better to get this posted now instead of waiting until I had time to go through it all. http://www.757.org.uk/ The person that did the 757 site also did a 767 site. I bet you already figured out the 767 URL, but if not here it is: http://www.767.org.uk/

Guest natej00

>I found this great web site about the 757 and thought that it>may give some of us a little more information about the>aircraft. It covers Abnormal Procedures, Limitations, Systems,>Normal Procedures, Specifications, etc... I found it>interesting to look through. Some of you may love it and some>of you may already know everything on the web site. I thought>it was related to this topic as there may be some info about>fuel flows and capacity's on the web site. I haven't had time>to read through it all, but thought it would be better to get>this posted now instead of waiting until I had time to go>through it all. >>http://www.757.org.uk/ >>The person that did the 757 site also did a 767 site. I bet>you already figured out the 767 URL, but if not here it is: >>http://www.767.org.uk/ Umm this does not cover what we are talking about. What we want to know is what the delay is with the Load Editor/Fuel Planner.Nate J

Guest icywings

Nate~ I was simply trying to help out the people that did post here with questions related to the fuel flow chart provided by Norman. I was suggesting that the 757 site may have some information on it to help clarify the fuel flow charts and other performance information needed to properly fly the 757. This is why I don't post much. It always seems like there is always some punk just waiting to post some smart a$$ response. At least I was trying to contribute and help out instead of just agreeing with someone and adding another complaint that is identical to the other complaints already in the thread. I also obviously think it suck that PSS hasn't put out the loader. I just don't see the point in adding a reply that says the same thing that many others have already said. It isn't like the people at PSS had no clue there were unhappy customers about this situation until they finally got around to reading the 25th reply that said the same thing as the other 25 replies. If people spent less time ganging up on a company by repeating what has already been said, but instead made at least one suggestion to PSS on what they may consider doing to resolve the situation for the customer while at the same time protecting their product from piracy, then we may already be using the loader today instead of discussing it like this.So, does anyone have a real suggestion or an idea that PSS could run with to quickly get the loader onto all of our hard drives? I am sorry if I am coming off like a jerk....not my intent. I am just so tired of people just posting a rude or stupid comment with no purpose but to be a jerk and become part of the problem versus part of the solution.

Guest natej00

Icy~First off I am not a punk, I am just a customer who is tired of all the nonsense we are getting. 2nd this topic is about the fuel planner/load editor. Yes that site is helpful, however, if you look in other threads, that site keeps coming up as a place to check. It just gets a little irritating that someone (me) who is a customer that expects to get what they paid for, didn't. People can't make suggestions unless we know what the problem is, and for what has been described, there is nothing that we can do to help get it faster because of the little information that is coming. Yes I might be repeating other peoples points, but sometimes it takes a village to stand up and say this isnt fair, rather than one person doing it.Oh and by the way....If I were to call someone a punk or a smart a$$, I would at least sign my name, as per the forum guidelines.Nate